Four of our four print magazines for the year, this Summer edition of A2 Magazine has an incredible array of super interesting topics covering aesthetics, anti-ageing, integrative medicine, medical skin care and plastic surgery in South Africa. In this issue you’ll find:
THE AESTHETIC REPORT
- I’m Not Mad… It’s Just My RBF – Dr Marshall Murdoch delves into the phenomenon of resting bitchy face
- Eliminating your Aesthetic Hang-Ups – Dr Sly Nedic reports on non-invasive procedures designed to give us our confidence back – at any age
- The Pregnant Patient – Dr Alistair McAlpine investigates which medications and procedures are safe for pregnant patients
- End-of-Year Functions: Looking your Best at Any Event – Dr Alastair Clark imparts valuable tips on the best go-to treatments for these occasions – as well as what timeline to expect to get the best results
- Forehead Dilemmas – Dr Riekie Smit reveals various treatment options for those with forehead and brow dilemmas
- DIY Beauty: Approach with Caution – There are some beauty treatments you can try at home, but there are some that should come with a warning to not even attempt. By Mandy Collins
- Venus Viva: Resurface, Rejuvenate, Revive – Dr Anushka Reddy reports on the effective skin resurfacing treatment: the Venus Viva
- Novel Plasma Technology – Introducing Brera Medical’s PLASMAGE procedure: a nonsurgical solution to treating excessive upper eyelid skin and firming the delicate lower lid area
- A Language in Aesthetics: the Restylane Portfolio – Dr Ishaan Ramkisson reports on Restylane’s broad range of HA fillers that address each patient’s unique skin characteristics
THE COSMECEUTICAL CORNER
- Cream of the Crop – A choice selection of our favourite cosmeceutical products to add to your beauty regime
- The Next Generation of Peel – Dr Vernon Ching discusses a medical-strength peel that is instrumental in treating severe skin problems.
- The Roaccutane Debate – Ingrid Katz takes an in-depth look at this treatment modality for acne, while advising an alternative approach
- When Botulinum Toxin is Not an Option – Dr Reza Mia informs us on the top rejuvenation procedures that are toxin-free
- Know the ABCs of Skin Health – Skin conditions such as ageing, pigmentation and acne can now be treated effectively with the latest addition of the pHformula VITA line.
- The Blemishes and Barnacles of Age – Dr Debbie Norval discusses several different types of benign skin lesions that tend to crop up on our bodies as we age – and advises on how best to treat them
- The Smoker’s Skin-Care Guide – Sonette Donker advises smokers to follow a strict skincare regime to prevent further damage
PLASTIC SURGERY UPDATE
- The Rise of Scrotox – Growing trend in male aesthetics
- The ICE Principal – Dr Olivier Branford and Dr Patrick Mallucci describe how to achieve natural results in aesthetic breast surgery
- Healthy Life, Healthy Skin – Dr Tony Youn shares his simple secrets to looking 10 years younger
ANTI-AGEING & INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE
- Growing Facial Tissue
- The Dangers of Reduced Methylation – Methylation is a new buzzword in the anti-ageing and integrative medicine domain, and of crucial importance in biological cell metabolism by Dr Sly Nedic
- Overdrinking Water can be Fatal – Drink water for thirst, rather than trying to get in eight glasses
- Nutraceuticals in Integrative Medicine – Dr Gys du Plessis offers some advice to those starting off their nutraceutical journey.
- Losing Sleep Can be a Pain in the Jaw – A report on sleep bruxism, which commonly affects millions of people in today’s highly stressful and manic world. Dr Craig Pearl Maxillo and Dr Chelsea Cahi.
Also in this issue:
- A2’s Press Trip with pHformula
- Cosmedica 2016 feedback
- Bulletin Board – Your local news in the aesthetics arena
- News Snippets from around the World
- 5 Minutes with Nicole Flint – Rachel Tambo chats to SA’s favourite radio personality, TV presenter and actress
Three ways to read A2 Magazine
1. Click here to download soft copies straight to your apple or android device.
2. Click here to subscribe annually and have each magazine delivered straight to your door.
3. Or not so secret option number 3, find us in these local stores nationwide. Magazine cost is R40:
Get in touch with A2 Magazine