The 1 hour Pulse Body Treatment – an hour’s full body massage. Bliss.
Where was it?
Planet Fitness Centre in Illovo
What was my experience?
Before the massage began, they perform a cleansing ritual by pouring luke warm rose water over your hands and feet. Once your feet are dressed in fluffy white slippers you are then asked to select one of four imported herbal teas to set the tone of your massage. I chose the Tao (Chinese Zen) – green tea/jasmine/ white lotus. I can’t get through a day without at least having three cups of herbal tea. So this delicious herbal blend was absolute bliss for me.
Yolandi, my therapist, then took me through to the treatment room where we discussed the areas I felt needed the most attention. I asked her to focus on my neck, shoulders and back for the full hour and not to be afraid of hurting me. Yolandi is incredibly strong and this was by far the firmest massage I’ve ever had. It was fabulous!
The soy candle used to massage (instead of any other oil) matched the scent of my chosen aroma tea and really complimented the whole experience.
What did I think?
Prana & Co is like no other spa/clinic/beauty venue I’ve ever visited before.
I read a lot of Eckart Tolle and the like. I read, learn and live this way because it’s the only way I can find calm in my mind in a world that can get overwhelmingly crazy at times. I also believe that you are always exactly where you need to be right now. Sounds airy fairy I know, but I couldn’t help but have this sense of alignment when I sat down at Prana. I was having a tough and busy time at work the day of the review and almost wished I hadn’t booked it because I still had so much to get though. But when I sat down at Prana I couldn’t have felt more relief. I just knew this is the environment I need to be in right now. Re-focus, re-align, relax, breath and then continue my day with content acceptance.
What else did I like about Prana?
I really like their comprehensive offering (I’ve listed them below), and their prices which are super affordable.
Who is it for?
I found Prana & Co to be waaay more more “deeper” than most spas/clinics I’ve visited. There’s an unmistakable alive consciouness and soft awareness from everyone who works there. It’s incredibly calming to be around people who are not frantic or stressfully running around the spa. Also, employees at Prana are not actually employees… rather, they’re brought on as “partners” who rent the space in the spa thus creating a sense of ownership and dedication from each and every therapist – this I found completely changes the dynamic in a good way.
So to get back to the question, this is the perfect space for those who are looking for a truly relaxing and positive environment for their beauty and aesthetic treatments.
What does it cost?
The 1 hour Pulse (Body) Treatment costs R500
Anything else you should know?
- Every customer receives a complimentary skin analysis using Dermascan – this is a great tool to see the strengths and weaknesses of your skin and how to fix them.
- Dr Melissa Smith – trading as ‘Effortless Beauty’ – offers aesthetic treatments; anti-wrinkle injectables, fillers, superficial chemical peels, sclerotherapy, Restylane Skinboosters etc…
- Dr Debbie Harmon – is the onsite Chiropractor.
- Sibo Mkhombo and Yolandi Khun are the Somotologists specialising in skin and body wellness therapies and hair removal. Yolandi specialises in the Bio Ultimate Platinum Non-Surgical Face Lift Machine. Sibo specialises in the bespoke Prana Signature treatment – ‘Prime’ 2 hours face and body therapy. Both can also assist in makeup artistry.
- Candice and Sitheni Mpoko (sister team), are the Nail Specialists.
- Tamarin Barker – trading as ‘Dermagenix’- is the lesion removal specialist.
- Karen Scott – trading as ‘Bio Soul’ – is the Life Coach and Reiki Master.
- Jocelyn Thomas – trading as ‘Body Coach’ – is the Clinical Nutritionist and body-shaping expert.
Other treatments include but are not limited to:
- Biodynamics – body composition analysis – looking at metabolism and detox.
- Scalptronic – looking at the health of the scalp.
- Blood Analysis and nutrition.
- Life Coach Audits.
- Bio Ultimate Platinum Non-Surgical Face lifting Machine.
- Soqi – Infra Red Domes – Pain Therapy and healing.
- Chi machine – Circulation, alignment and oxygenation.
Prana & Co Bookings: +27 11 268 0486
Address: Prana & Co, Planet Fitness Centre, 21 North Street, Illovo, Johannesburg