Classic Collagen Facial using QMS products and a superficial Neostrata Peel.
After having this treatment it is claimed that there is a visible improvement in skin tone and structure.
Where was it?
What was my experience?
Steps involved in the 90 minute facial are a Deep Cleansing, Peeling using Exfoliant Fluid or Neostrata Glycolic (exclusive to the Centre of Wellness – they have tailored this facial to make it their own), Algae mask, Freshening Tonic, Collagen, Co-Lectine 3, QMS Hydro Foam Mask or Relax O Firm mask and finally the sealing of the facial with a QMS Moisturiser.
As you can tell, it’s an involved treatment and can take up to 2 hours to be complete.
I’m doing something slightly different with my pictures for this review. I’ve discovered making slideshows on my Mac and am now basically a movie producer. See the video below… it does have music, so if you’re sitting in an open office, plug your earphones in now:
(It may take a while to buffer, but bear with it. The pictures are worth it. Promise.)
Normal collagen molecules are too large to be absorbed into the skin. Dr Schulte (of QMS) found a way to break the collagen molecule into 3 amino acids that join up again once in the skin to form a complete collagen molecule. This molecule then absorbs moisture to increase its size 360x – thus giving the skin a wonderful plumped up look.
The facial is used to revitalise and regenerate stressed and damaged skin using microsurgical procedures. It gently nurtures and revitalises dysfunctional skin while stabilising its functions.
- Skin is cleansed twice with gentle cleanser.
- 20% Neostrata peel is applied as the exfoliation which is ideal for all skin types.
- This is applied to the face, neck and chest and around the eyes right close to the eyelids as this area is neglected and needs to be exfoliated so that collagen can penetrate. The peel gently loosens the intercellular glue so that cells naturally slough away without been rubbed with granules like a sandpaper effect. There is no downtime or peeling with this afterwards.
- A Cold Alginate Mask is applied to the entire face.
- This mask sets as a rubberised mask that is lifted off and then analysed – showing the dry areas that need attention and collagen.
- Collagen is then applied to skin – Med day protection was used for me as it contains highly effective ingredients to soothe inflammations and regulate the balance of sebum and moisture production, especially against environmental damages.
- An additional mask is then applied after the alginate for 15 minutes to nourish, hydrate and soothe. This mask is then removed.
- Finally, extra moisturiser and serum is applied (24h), Sport Active applied on top of this (a tinted moisturiser with SPF 15 that is divine), and more for the neck and chest area (this also contains collagens).
What did I think?
A long but incredibly worthwhile treatment.
What did I like about it?
My glowing skin straight after the treatment.
I also like that all their facials are characterised as bespoke. They customise them to each individual client needs. For example – the original QMS Collagen Facial does not include a Neostrata peel – this is something they added on their own and have been getting great results.
Anything I didn’t like?
Having the mousse mask over your face can feel a bit claustrophobic.
Who is it for?
Any age group of all skin types, especially tired, dull, dehydrated skins.
What does it cost?
If you want the facial only, the cost is R880.
But, if you want what I had, the facial and the peel then the cost would be R1 050.
Where can you get it?
Get in touch with The Centre of Wellness – all their details are below.
Anything else you should know?
- Every patient gets a free Visia scan prior to their first treatment – Visia assesses your skin, identifies problem areas and allows the therapist to prescribe the best possible products and treatments for your problem areas.
- The Centre of Wellness offers a range of other treatments too:
- Anti-wrinkle injectables
- Chemical Peels
- Teeth whitening
- Aesthetics for men
- Sclerotherapy vein treatment
- Bespoke facials
- Pain mesotherapy
- Silhouette Soft Sutures
- Fractional Fire & Ice Facial
Phone: 011 783 8289
Address: 108 Marie Avenue, Parkmore, Craighall Park, Jan Smuts Avenue, Randburg, 2196