I personally prefer to seek out non invasive treatments purely because there isn’t anything I want to change about my body. If there’s something that truly bothers me then I’ll explore and do research on a more invasive option, but otherwise I’m happy to see what can be done without making permanent changes to my body. A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to try out two non invasive machines from BTL Aesthetics…
What did I review?
- 6X sessions of BTL EXILIS ELITE – non invasive treatments for body shaping, skin tightening and facial rejuvenation.
- 4X sessions of BTL X-WAVE – non invasive treatments for cellulite.
Where was it?
This review was specifically dedicated to BTL Aesthetics machinery and I chose not to review the treatments at a clinic that offers these devices’ treatments. Instead, I reviewed my treatments with their head office in South Africa.
What was my experience?
All in all, reviewing EXILIS and X-WAVE non-invasive treatments was a good and safe experience for me.
My treatment areas were: thighs (back and front), buttocks with EXILIS and X-WAVE and under my chin with EXILIS.
The skin tightening under my chin was minimal, but to be completely honest, I’m only 30 and my skin is in fairly good condition already. There’re many benefits to starting a maintenance regime while you’re still young. I lost about 3cm around my thighs and buttocks with EXILIS and had a very noticeable difference of cellulite reduction from X-WAVE. I actually went to Durban recently and frolicked on the beach in denim shorts and couldn’t quite believe the improvement of skin tightening and cellulite reduction on my legs. It completely transformed my confidence in shorts.
What did I like about it?
There a few things that I loved:
- BTL Aesthetics machinery (the guys who make and distribute these machines around the world) are FDA approved and are continuously undergoing new studies – meaning their machines are no risk to you and are better equipped to offer patients real results.
- I love that it’s a non invasive option for fat and cellulite reduction with absolutely NO downtime. You pop in for your 30 to 40 minute sessions during lunchtime, and pop back out again. No one would know you were even there. You’re basically a fat reduction ninja.
- Treatments are mostly comfortable.
- Exilis treatments can be quite “warm” but they’re completely bearable and your trained therapist will go at your pace.
- X-WAVE treatments feel really weird at first! But you do get used to the heavy pulsating on your skin and it actually begins to feel more massage-like if anything.
- As you may or may not know, I had a minimally invasive lipo procedure two years ago that left me with some undesired lumps and bumps on the sides of my thighs. I’ve sought out a number of treatments to help minimise these, and the Exilis treatments certainly helped to further reduce the size of the lumps due to the heat from Exilis penetrating deeper.
Anything I didn’t like?
The time it takes to complete treatments over a few weeks can be difficult to manage in a busy schedule but it is certainly doable if you’re dedicated to the results. Things are always crazy for us at A2 Magazine with meetings, media events and reviews happening almost daily. At first, it was super tough to work these treatments into my diary on a weekly basis but it all worked out okay.
Who is it for?
Treatments are safe for male and female adult patients who are showing signs of ageing or want to improve those problem areas where exercise and diet have plateaued. This is also an option for those who don’t need or want major surgery work done and are simply looking for aesthetic improvement.
What does it cost?
Treatments can be from R450 per session, but this completely depends on how many areas are treated and the clinic you visit.
Where can you get it?
Contact BTL Aesthetics South Africa on their details below for a list of clinics that offer these treatments.
Anything else you should know?
- Do NOT go on a snacking fast food take away binge because now you’re having these treatements. You will not get results and you will waste your time and money. I’ve mentioned in almost every one of my reviews – treatments are NOT a replacement for healthy nutrition and exercise. These treatments should be an ADD ON to your existing healthy lifestyle. Magic does not happen no matter what marketing messages you listen to. If you want results, they come down to you and the changes you’re willing to make in your life.
- You must drink a little more water than usual after your treatments to help flush your system.
- You need between two and six sessions over the course of a few weeks. Treatments are usually scheduled 7 to 14 days apart and patients have reported results as soon as a few days after.
- Results may vary. Patients have reported visible improvements after the second treatment session but it is common to see improvements up to 6 months. For best results, it is recommended to follow the in-between treatment instructions, maintain a healthy diet and drink plenty of water.
Contact BTL Aesthetics:
Phone: +27 76 232 80 58