One IPL hair removal treatment for underarms.
Where was it?
At the Crystal Clear Aesthetic Skincare Clinic in The Parks Shopping Centre – the one in Parkwood diagonally opposite the Goodman Gallery, Johannesburg.
What was my experience?
The spa is small, cosy and very very good looking. It’s also close to my house which is always a plus. Laser or IPL hair removal treatments are always tricky to review, because different clinics use different brands of laser or IPL machines – some machines give great results and some machines give meh results.
At Crystal Clear, they have the Yperion Technology Or-Light machine which is IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) and not laser – the technologies work differently. I find IPL to be a tad more uncomfortable than laser, but not serious enough to put me off.
In terms of my results, I’ve had underarm laser hair removal before (about two years ago) and my hair still grows back pretty slowly. After my IPL treatment at Crystal Clear (3 weeks ago), it grows back even MORE slowly than it did before, and my hair is certainly thinner. So all round a happy result.
What does it cost?
R600 for underarms (per session). They do offer discounts and promotions when booking multiple sessions and/or when paying upfront.
Anything else you should know?
- You need between 5 and 8 treatments for 99% long term hair reduction.
- With any laser or IPL treatment, you’re required to keep that area out of direct sunlight for a few weeks (this is NB especially if you’re having treatments on your face. It’s worthwhile investing in a high SPF).
- Click here for more info about hair removal…
- Aside from hair removal treatments, the Or-Light Machine is also used for freckle, pigmentation, capillary, puffiness, line, wrinkle reduction and/or removal. Click here for more info about skin rejuvenation…
Crystal Clear also offer a range of other treatments including but not limited to:
- Anti-wrinkle injectables and dermal fillers with Dr Joseph J Huskisson
- Guinot facials
- Dermalogica facials
- Anti-ageing and rejuvenation facials
- Dermaroller (Collagen Induction Therapy)
- Glycopeel (20%, 50% 70%)
- X-treme lashes and permanent make-up
- Aromatherapy and hot stone massages
- Waxing and tinting
Get in touch with Crystal Clear
Phone: 011 788 7624
Address: “The Parks” Shopping centre – Lower Level 1, Shop No. 4 – Corner Jan Smuts Avenue and Wells Avenue, Parkwood, Johannesburg.