The Pure Signature Facial.
A combination of peel technology and collagen replacement therapy that helps to create an instant glowing and radiant complexion. This treatment stimulates the epidermis, improves fine lines and wrinkles, as well as revitalises stressed and tired skin. The skin is left feeling smooth, firm, fresh and glowing. The Pure Signature Facial is a perfect event preparation treatment, with no down time.
Where was it?
What did I think?
I have a huge soft spot for Pure Aesthetics, not only are the owners incredibly kind, good people, but they also know their stuff in terms of getting great skin results for their clients.
The clinic is, as mentioned above, situated in Linksfield Clinic alongside Dr Gabriel Doucas’ practice. I love this because the traffic they get is from word of mouth (which is always a good indication), as well as from the patients having surgery with Dr Doucas (it’s very important to look after your skin before and after having surgery. It’s also important to understand it’s pointless having a facelift if the skin itself is not in great condition. It may look tighter and be lifted but the aesthetic appeal is lost if the skin is pigmented and dry).
Aside from all the fabulous skin care treatments they do on cosmetic surgery patients, their treatments are even more fabulous if you’re wanting to finally have those skin concerns addressed and treated by having various peels, using a great skin care regime with the option of laser treatments.
What was my experience with the treatment?
At Pure Aesthetics the focus is on getting the best possible results for you and your skin. The clinic is lovely and cosy, and the treatment overall was very relaxing.
The full Pure Signature Treatments included:
- Dermaceutic Milk Peel to start – this exfoliates away dead skin cells, stimulates cell regeneration, improves texture and complexion. Helps balance the skin where stressed and provides hydration to cells.
- QMS Algae Mask to follow – cools and calms the skin as well as removing any remaining dead cells that may be present. Preparing for optimal absorption of the Med Night Repair Collagen.
- Apply QMS Freshening Tonic to balance the pH, again allowing for optimal absorption of collagen.
- QMS Med Night Repair Collagen is applied to the skin. This will feed the underlying structure, improving it and allowing for better more sustained hydration levels – as collagen is responsible for holding moisture.
- Next step is the QMS Activator Mask – this is a thin fleece of cotton wool soaked in Activator Fluid of which the main ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid, feeding skin structure and collagen. A thermo-foil is then placed over the top of this mask to further improve product absorption by creating some warmth and stimulation to the skin.
- While this mask is on the skin (10-15min) a shoulder, neck and décolleté massage is done with the QMS Neck & More to help improve the skin quality in that area and provide relaxation.
- The mask is then removed and the treatment is finished off with a moisturiser to suit your skin type. In my case, the Dermaceutic Regenceutic Recovery Cream for barrier repair and hydration was used.
- The last step is sunscreen, which is always important after ANY facial treatment to protect against UV Rays and sun damage. As a peel treatment has been incorporated, the skin is photosensitive for about 4 days after the treatment and so applying sunscreen every day is essential! The Heliocare 360° Airgel SPF50 was used for protection against UVA UVB, all visible and infrared light rays. In my (and Pure Aesthetics’) opinion this is one of the best sunscreens available and would recommend it for all skin types and ages.
What did I like about it?
My skin was glowy immediately afterward and it stuck with me for a few days. I also had no peeling whatsoever, not even one little scale.
It has now been two weeks and I am certain having this treatment once a month or even every two months would yield great long term results.
Who is it for?
This signature treatment is IDEAL for brides or anyone looking for a J.LO dewy and glowy complexion before an event. It also helps to keep your make up on longer.
Additionally, as mentioned above, it’s a great treatment to have on monthly or bi-monthly basis to further treat skin concerns (dryness, redness, pigmentation).
What does it cost?
The full treatment is R1500 and it takes about an hour.
Anything else you should know?
Yes, other treatments available at Pure Aesthetics:
- Anti-wrinkle injectables, Dermal Fillers (Restylane), Liquid Facelift, Surgical Removal of Keloids & Revision of Scars – performed by Dr Gabriel Doucas
- Laser therapies (eyes, lips, laser hair removal)
- A series of medical facials
- A variety of quality chemical peels
- Treatments by Skin Condition, focusing on: ageing skin, dull and dehydrated skin, pigmentation, acne, scarring and redness (rosacea, broken capillaries).
- A range of professional skin care and products are available at the clinic. Click here to view the product list.
- Click here to see the full treatment options list.
Get in Touch with Pure Aesthetics
Phone: 011 485 2887
Address: Suite 405A, Netcare Linksfield Hospital, 24 12th Avenue, Linksfield West, 2192