At the launch was Dr Deon Weyers a plastic surgeon at Fourways Hospital to tell us more about the delicate eye area, photodamage and results of overexposure to the skin around the eye by UV radiation, followed by a live demonstration of anti-wrinkle injectables around the eye area (crows feet, brow and lower forehead).
Up until now, we at A2 Magazine have not come across a product for the eye area that is PERFECT and safe to use after aesthetic treatments, acts as a primer under make-up, has a slight tint that blends beautifully into any skin tone and is an SPF! We are so excited about this product that you can look forward to a full feature write-up by Dr Weyers on the product in one of our upcoming print magazine issues.
In the meantime, read below the SkinCeuticals official information on the product, recommended retail price and on sale date. But first, some pictures from the event…
Physical Eye UV Defense SPF 50 Product Info – a New Standard in Eyecare
Delivering a new standard in eye care, this daily, high protection, non-migrating, 100% mineral base defends, enhances, and optimises the entire eye area. Formulated specifically for the unique structure of the thinner and more sensitive skin around the eye, Physical Eye UV Defense provides broad spectrum SPF 50 protection without migration or irritation of the eyes. A unifying tint enhances skin tone while ceramides nourish, creating a smooth, optimal canvas for make-up application.
Features and Benefits
100% Mineral Filter Protection
- 9% Titanium Dioxide protects against UVB and short UVA rays
- 4% Zinc Oxide protects across the UVA/UVB spectrum with microfine, patented technology
Translucent colour spheres for universal skin tone enhancement
- Unifies natural skin tone around the eye
- Provides a translucent universal tint, tested on all skin types
- Nourishes the delicate skin around the eye
Optimised base for the unique eye area
- Anhydrous base to prevent migration into and irritation of the eye
- Creates a smooth canvas for optimal eye makeup application
- Rigorously tested to ensure safety and tolerance when used following hyaluronic fillers and botulinum toxin injections
Usage and Recommendations
- Around the entire eye area; even on the eyelid
- For all skin types and tones
- Suitable for use under makeup
- Ophthalmologist tested
- Contact lens compatible
- Allergy and Dermatologist Tested
- Apply daily to entire eye area; under the eye, on the crow’s feet area, and on eyelids.
- Optimised for application under makeup.
- All SkinCeuticals cleansers
- AOX+ Eye Gel
- All SkinCeuticals eye creams
The recommended retail price for Physical Eye UV defense is R450 and will be on shelves from 1 September 2015.
SkinCeuticals is sold in selected Plastic Surgeons and GPs in aesthetics rooms, and aesthetic clinics countrywide. Click here to view their store locator.