A Vita Liberata spray tan.
Where was it?
At my house :) You can visit salons that offer the spray tan but you can also have them come to your house. Uber convenient!
What was my experience?
Beata, my spray tan technician arrived at my house complete with a spray tan tent and equipment. Within 10 mins she had the whole thing set up in my lounge with zero chance of mess getting anywhere which is something I was initially concerned about. This is what celebrities must feel like.
The usual spray tan programme went down: shave your legs the day before, exfoliate in the shower the morning of your spray tan, do not put on any creams or deodorant beforehand and get ready to get nude in front of a stranger.
Beata put protective cream on the palms of my hands and inside wrists to avoid ‘Orangutan Hands’ post spray tan. I then hopped into the tent and spray tanning commenced. The whole thing, from set up to getting dressed took about 40mins. Quick quick.
What did I think?
I’ve never had a spray tan before. I’m not sure why, but I think it may have something to do with sheer laziness. Either way, for a first time spray tan I’m super happy it was a Vita Liberata one as I’ve heard countless stories from my friends about going orange, the tan not lasting, the bad smell etc.
See how my Vita Liberata experience and results played out…
What did I like about it?
- I didn’t go orange!
- I didn’t smell like I had a spray tan.
- The tan lasted properly about six days with good maintenance (no scrubbing or rubbing harshly when drying my skin after a shower).
- The tan faded naturally without any splotchy markings (I often get the scaled splotchy look with normal home self-tanning products).
- I had a facial peel for another review a week before the spray tan and I loved that I didn’t have to compromise on the tan (due to Vita Liberata’s natural and non-toxic ingredients, it makes it safe to use after a peel or laser treatment and is actually quite nourishing for your skin. It should be noted however that after any peel/laser treatment to just double check with your doctor/therapist when it’s okay to use other products).
Who is it for?
- Safe to have after peels and laser treatments thanks to the clean ingredients
- Safe for pregnant women
- Anyone looking for a healthier spray tan alternative
- Anyone seeking a natural looking tan
What does it cost?
R450 at home and from R320 – R400 at a salon (depending on where you go but that is the recommended retail price).
Where can you get it?
- You can check a list of their stockists around the country here.
- Use their contact details below to book a home spray tan (this might be in Joburg only, but you will need to ask and double check).
- Visit their website to buy online www.vitaliberata.co.za
- They also offer vouchers so you can gift your friends with spray tans. Perfect for birthdays, bachelorette or Christmas gifts!
Anything else you should know?
Yes, they have home self-tanning products for the body and face in various shades. They are pricey, but bear in mind these are PREMIUM products and are of premium quality which is priced accordingly. I personally don’t mind spending money on products that I know are quality, not harmful and give me what I’m looking for. In this case, a great healthy looking tan without having to spend time in the sun.
Oh and before I forget, if you’re having a spray tan before a special event then it’s always best to have it done two days before. This allows time for the tan to settle nicely.
Get in touch with Vita Liberata South Africa:
Phone: (+27) 21 4658569
MORE ABOUT VITA LIBERATA
The Vita Liberata team are passionate experts in luxury tanning. From our Irish base we created the world’s first odourless tan in 2007, our unique Odour RemoveTM technology is now present in all of our self and spray tans. In 2011, we became the first completely non-toxic tanning brand. This led to Vita Liberata being listed in the world’s top spas including George V Paris, St Regis, Viceroy, Ritz-Carlton and Burj Al Arab to name but a few.
Our most recent product innovation “pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tan” is the world’s longest lasting tan, giving you a tan that lasts up to 4 times longer than regular tans. Available in an extra fast drying mousse formula and an ultra hydrating lotion formula, pHenomenal has taken the beauty world by storm and has scores of celebrity fans across the globe including Gwyneth Paltrow, Sophia Vegara and Kelly Brook.
Our products are now sold in more than 22 countries worldwide. In the UK, our products are available in Boots, Debenhams and salons and spas nationwide. Globally, we can be found in Sephora Europe, Sephora USA and Marionnaud as well as salons and spas. We are now recognised as the world’s leading non-toxic, organic tanning company.
Our ingredients are the purest in the tanning world. We use natural, certified organic and Ecocert ingredients, and are able to create a tanning experience that conditions and nourishes the skin, with Moisture LockTM to hydrate skin for 72 hours, ensuring a tan fades perfectly. Just like a natural suntan.
Vita Liberata offers the widest range of at-home and professional tanning solutions to suit every skin type and tone, guaranteeing the ultimate tanning experience every time.