Welcome to the second print edition of A2 Magazine in 2017. As always, we’ll be bringing out four issues this year, one at the beginning of each season; March (autumn), June (winter), September (spring) and December (summer).
In this issue…
The Aesthetic Report
- Can Botulinum Toxin Beat the Blues? Dr Alistair McAlpine reports on how the use of botulinum toxin injectables may assist in the treatment of depression and anxiety.
- Aesthetic Procedures: Myth vs Reality. Like anything, the world of aesthetic medicine and surgery has its myths. Mandy Collins looks at some common ones and finds out the truth.
- Lip Fillers: The Art & Science Behind a Natural Result. Dr Wade Merchant provides tips for both doctor and patient on how to achieve a perfect, natural-looking pout with lip fillers.
- Gynelase Vaginal Rejuvenation: A Urogynaecologist’s Experience. Dr Pieter Kruger reviews the Gynelase Laser – an effective vaginal rejuvenation treatment for women suffering from pelvic floor disorders and sexual dysfunction.
- The Telomere Effect. By Dr Catherine Davies explains how our teleomeres play a vital role in the ageing process.
- Do You Still Need Your Doctor? Dr Riekie Smit takes us through the facts (not just the rules) of why a face-to-face consultation remains irreplaceable.
- Trend Alert: The Rise and Rise of Male Aesthetics. With men nowadays putting more stock in their appearance, the aesthetics and anti-ageing market is no longer seen as a ‘women’s only’ commodity – which is evident from the sharp increase of men undergoing aesthetic procedures. Dr Anushka Reddy explains why…
Skin Sense: Anti-Ageing Skin Strategies and Health
- Cream of the Crop: a choice selection of our favourite cosmeceutical products to add to your beauty regime.
- Ethnic Skin Ageing: Suitable and Safe Aesthetic Procedures Ageing is a complex, unavoidable process that happens in all humans and different skin types, which often respond best to different procedures. Dr Sly Nedic
- Shedding Light on Pigmentation: Dr Reza Mia explores the causes of pigmentation and how to treat it.
- 5 Minutes with Sam Dhatt, founder of DermaQuest. Sally Harvey
- Ageing Hands: How to Turn Back the Clock. Sonette Donker reports on the anti-ageing benefits of a hand chemical peel.
- Seasons and Routines. Ingrid Katz relays the importance of adapting your skin routine for the cold winter climate.
- The Clear + Brilliant Laser: A Gentle Approach to Skin Resurfacing. Dr Ian Webster reports on a new, non-ablative fractional laser used for skin rejuvenation – and why he offers this treatment in his practice
- The Orthotropics Application: The Science Behind Facial Beauty. Dr Zak Schabort explains how applying a unique dental treatment modality called orthotropics can not only enhance your smile, but additionally improves facial profile and functionality.
- The Wisdom of Having Those Teeth Removed. Dr Craig Pearl and Dr Chelsea Cahi report on the factors to be considered when deciding on how necessary it is to have a wisdom teeth extracted.
- Plastic Teens: Surge in Adolescent Cosmetic Surgery Linked to Bullying. Andrea Muller reports…
- Facelifts in Perspective. Dr Peet van Deventer advises on how receiving emotional support from your surgeon after undergoing a facelift procedure can provide longer-lasting and more effective results.
Anti-Ageing & Integrative Medicine
- Insulin Resistance: Addressing Accelerated Ageing and Abdominal Fat. Accelerated ageing and an inability to lose weight around your waistline surprisingly have one common cause: insulin resistance. Dr Sly Nedic
- Supercharged – Recent animal studies has revealed how the combination of the molecule NAD with NMN supplementation can not only restore youth, but may possibly avert unwanted radiation side effects from cancer treatment as well. Could this be a new age of anti-ageing therapy? Dr Janine Olivier
- Study: Research Reveals the Best Exercise for Anti-Ageing. The secret to keeping your body youthful may be found in the way you move. Sarah Berry.
Also in this issue
- Editor’s Note
- Meet the Team: A2’s Expert Panel and Contributors
- Study Findings: Memory Age
- International News Making the Headlines
- Premium Classifieds
Get A2 Aesthetic & Anti-Ageing Magazine
1. Purchase from these stores across South Africa… also available at select stores in Namibia, Botswana and Mauritius.
2. Click here to purchase soft copies on our app to read on your apple or android device anywhere in the world. (We don’t offer print magazine subscriptions).
Get in touch with A2 Magazine