About the doctor
Dr Rory Dower
MRCS (Eng) MMed (Plast Surg) FC Plast Surg (SA)
Rory Dower completed his formal training as a specialist plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgeon in South Africa, obtaining both his MMed (Plast Surg) and FC Plast Surg (SA) (board certification).
He has made it his personal commitment and goal to travel widely over a number of years, to learn the techniques of the world’s leading plastic surgeons, to understand their philosophy on aesthetic surgery and draw from their extensive experience.
Dr Dower completed an aesthetic fellowship at The London Clinic on Harley street, working with David Ross and Charles East, in general cosmetic surgery and rhinoplasty.
Other world leaders under whom Dr Dower has spent time learning from include:
- PROFESSOR WOLFGANG GUBISCH (Stuttgart, Germany) – Dr Dower did an observorship at the Marienhospital, Facial and Plastic Surgery Unit under Professor Gubisch, one of the world’s authorities on Rhinoplasty surgery.
- TIMOTHY MARTEN (San Francisco, USA) – Dr Marten has mastered the high-SMAS facelift technique to achieve a dramatic and beautiful result.
- PROFESSOR FOAD NAHAI (Atlanta, USA) – Seen by many plastic surgeons as one of the founding fathers of cosmetic surgery. Also, the author of “The Art of Plastic Surgery” and editor of the Aesthetic Surgery Journal.
- MARK CODNER (Atlanta, USA) – An expert surgeon in blepharoplasty, facial rejuvenation and aesthetic breast surgery.
- SHERRELL ASTON (New York, USA) – Well known as one of New York’s top facelift surgeons.
Dr Dower has completed two international fellowships in microsurgery with a special interest in breast reconstruction and treatment for lymphedema.
The first at St Thomas’ Hospital in London, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team treating patients with breast cancer. The second, an advanced microsurgery fellowship at the China Medical University Hospital in Taiwan, dealing with all aspects of microsurgical reconstruction including complex head and neck reconstruction and treatment for lymphedema.
This was followed by an observorship in implant breast reconstruction at the Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Centre in New York. He is committed to helping treat women with breast cancer by being able to offer all types of breast reconstruction.
Treatments and procedures offered
- Skin Procedures
To find out more about the wide range of both surgical and non-surgical procedures available at Dr Dower’s practice, contact their offices below.
Get in touch
Phone: 021 851 4339
Practice number: 0484547. MP 0571431
The West Peak, 13 Lourensford Road, Somerset West, Western Cape, 7130