Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Oil Control relaunched in October 2017 with premium new-look packaging, while both moisturiser formulas have been improved to help reduce blemishes and soothe irritations by working at the very source, to prevent recurring acne.
There is nothing more frustrating than battling with blemishes when you have a big week ahead of you. Blemish prone skin is a real challenge and, if not treated and managed correctly, can increase in severity leaving behind unsightly pigmentation and dark marks on your skin. Unfortunately, adult acne is on the rise globally¹, with this being the number 1 skin care issue indicated by South African dermatologists².
The gold standard for acne treatment and prevention is a good skin care regime and habits with the appropriate products. Dermatologist recommend Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Oil Control skin care range to help regain control over problematic skin for a clearer, more even and balanced skin.
Fresh new packaging gives the range a premium new look. In addition, the advanced moisturiser formulations (Oil Control Mattifying Fluid and the Oil Control Adjunctive Soothing Cream) have been improved for more effective and clinically proven results. Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Oil Control is gentle, highly skin compatible and won’t dry out your skin, working to reduce blemishes and prevent them from recurring.
Acne is an inflammatory disease
Continual and intensive research into the causes of acne has ensured that Eucerin remains on the cutting edge of product development to treat acne skin conditions. What Eucerin scientists identified is that acne is primarily an inflammatory disease with micro inflammation being the root cause of the acne cycle³. The combination of excessive sebum (seborrhoea) and disturbed skin cell shedding (hyperkeratosis) results in the sebaceous glands getting enlarged and spots appearing.
Spots develop into more serious blemishes due to bacterial growth resulting in reddened and inflamed skin. Anti-inflammatory care is needed in all steps of treatment and during the maintenance routine. New Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Oil Control is proven to combat acne at the very source of the problem, where the micro-inflammation begins.
The combination of active ingredients in Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Oil Control products help to improve blemished skin and heal acne. And clinical studies have shown that after 4 to 12 weeks of consistent use of the appropriate products, skin starts to show a visible improvement.
- Licochalcone A is a highly effective anti-inflammatory to help soothe irritations and calm the skin and reduce redness.
- Decanediol has an anti-bacterial effect to help prevent skin irritation. It works especially fast and effectively in reducing and preventing acne bacteria.
- L-Carnitine, an amino-acid like compound found naturally in the body, regulates the production of sebum. It does this by speeding up the metabolism of fatty acids and reducing their availability for sebum formation.
- Salicylic Acid, which has antibacterial effect and helps normalise the skin cell shedding process. (Found in Mattifying Fluid only)
Oil Control Mattifying Fluid – NEW FORMULATION
In addition to the above ingredients the DermoPURIFYER Oil Control Mattifying Fluid also contains Decanediol and sebum (oil) regulating technology. Whilst the product works to reduce blemishes and soothe irritation, the mattifying particles provide an 8 hour anti-shine effect.
Clinical studies show that after 4 weeks there is a significant reduction of pimples and inflammatory lesions⁴, sebum (oil) is reduced and skin is significantly less shiny⁵, the skin is less red⁶ and pores are also reduced⁷. The results are even more pronounced after 8 weeks of use.
Adjunctive Soothing Cream– NEW FORMULATION
In severe cases of acne, acne medication is almost always prescribed by the Dermatologist. The downside of this medication is the drying effect it has on your skin which results in redness, stinging, and tightness.
Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Oil Control Adjunctive Soothing Cream provides intensive, non-greasy, moisture and care for skin whilst the patient is taking medication. Clinical studies show a significant reduction of redness⁸ and skin roughness and tightness after 2 weeks of use⁸ and intensive skin soothing.
The oil and fragrance-free, light and fast absorbing cream contains anti-inflammatory Lichochalcone A, and also contains soothing Symsitive* which soothes irritation directly at the source by reducing responsiveness of nerve fibres, as well as barrier-enhancing Ceramides proven to reduce moisture loss⁹. In the morning, apply the Eucerin Oil Control Dry Touch SPF 50+ for acne prone skin to ensure skin is protected from the sun throughout the day.
The Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Oil Control range also includes:
- Cleansing Gel which cleanses gently and effectively, to eliminate excess sebum (oil). It is soap-free formula with 6% amphoteric surfactants (very mild cleansing agents).
- Scrub can be used once or twice a week to help unclog pores and smooth out the texture of the skin.
- Toner can be used to clear the skin and help prevent blemishes without drying out the skin. It contains 2% comedolytic Lactic Acid.
What does it cost?
as of November 2017
- Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Oil Control Scrub R149.99 for 100ml
- Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Oil Control Cleansing Gel R149.99 for 200ml, R229.99 for 400ml
- Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Oil Control Clarifying Toner R149.99 for 200ml
- (NEW) Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Oil Control Adjunctive Soothing Cream R199.99 for 50ml
- (NEW) Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Oil Control Mattifying Fluid R199.99 for 50ml
- Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Active Concentrate R199.99 for 30ml
- Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Active Night Care R199.99 for 50ml
Where can I buy it?
Available from Clicks, Dis-Chem and selected pharmacies nationwide in South Africa
For more information
*Symsitive® registered trademark of Symrise, Germany
(1) 70th annual meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology
(2) A C Nielson Total Trade Desk Face care, 12mm May 2017
(3) Das S, Reynolds RV: Am J Clin Dermatol (2014), 15: 479 – 488
(4) Clinical photography and clinical grading: Lesion count, n=37 females and males (18-35 years, mean age 26.2) with acne-prone skin, application of product twice daily in the morning and evening on the face for 8 weeks, BDF data on file.
(5) Sebumetry, n=37, females and males (18-35 years, mean age 26.2) with acne-prone skin, application of product twice daily in the morning and evening on the face for 8 weeks, BDF data on file.
(6) Self grading on a 10-step scale, n=37 females and males (18-35 years, mean age 26.2), application of product twice daily in the morning and in the evening for 8 weeks, BDF data on file.
(7) Product in use test, n=80 females (15-40 years) with acneprone skin, test period 8 weeks, BDF data on file.
(8) Clinical grading after 2 weeks, scale 0-4, 0= absent, 4 = extreme, BDF data on file All studies: n= 58, female and male patients, receiving benzoyl peroxide, tretinoin, adapalene or oral isotretinoin, age 16 to 43 years (mean age: 24 years), 14 days of product application on the face, twice daily.
(9) Corneometer and TEWL measurement, BDF data on file n= 58, female and male patients, acne sufferers under medical acne treatment at least 2 weeks prior to study start, receiving benzoyl peroxide, tretinoin, adapalene or oral isotretinoin, age 16 to 43 years (mean age: 24 years), 14 days of product application on the face, twice daily, BDF data on file