Developed by a team of Plastic Surgeons, ScarScience is a unique, topical scar management programme scientifically formulated to improve the outcome of a scar.
It addresses key issues in scar management, including:
- Collagen maturation
- Moisture and hydration
- Controlled inflammation
- Physical support with microporous tape
Who is it for?
ScarScience™ is recommended for all skin types and safe for infants and children.
What can it be applied for?
- Caesarian section scars
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery scars – tummy tuck, mastectomy, body contouring, breast reduction and augmentation
- Major and minor surgical and trauma scars
- Post-Laser peel redness
- Tatoo removal scars
- Skin growth removals
- Acne scars – while still active
- Stretch marks
Please note that this product is not sterile and must not be used as a wound dressing.
Instructions for use
For best results, ScarScience must be used as close to wounding time as possible.
- Step 1: Apply tape directly over the scar after cleansing the area
- Step 2: Apply ScarScience Gel to the surface of the tape
- Step 3: Apply ScarScience Gel twice daily, cleaning off the tape and applying the new gel
- Step 4: Replace tape only when it comes away from the wound, 4-5 days
- Step 5: Apply tape for 2-6 weeks, depending on the scar
Thereafter apply gel only up to 6 months or till scar has healed.
From R486.00 – R698.00 (15ml gel with no microporous tape included OR 50ml Gel with 24 mm white microporous tape included)
Where to buy?
Available from Dischem stores, selected plastic surgeons and doctors rooms (as well selected Clicks on request).
Find a stockist by contacting Litha Healthcare 011 516 1700