Welcome to the 2nd print edition of A2 Magazine for 2018!
As always, we’ll be bringing out four issues this year, one at the beginning of each season…
- March (autumn)
- June (winter)
- September (spring)
- December (summer)
At A2 Magazine we believe aesthetics and anti-ageing is more than just a few more injectable treatments. It’s the whole package – a healthy outlook on life (a smile makes you seem younger and more attractive), healthy skin, a healthy body, healthy hair and so on.
Which is why our magazine and website is divided up into the following sections:
- The Aesthetic Report (aesthetic treatments and procedures, injectables)
- Anti-Ageing & Integrative Medicine (a holistic approach to your overall health and wellness through nutrition, exercise, hormone balance)
- Skin Sense (focusing on your skin, skin concerns, treatments, procedures and products to use)
- Dental Techniques (interesting info and options in cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry)
- And lastly, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery (touching on cosmetic and reconstructive surgery options)
We cover varying topics within each of the above sections in every print magazine, plus regularly update our blog, www.a2magazine.co.za, with information in-between magazines. So be sure to never miss an edition and check in regularly with us on the blog and social media.
Happy reading with us in this beautiful and cool winter season!
In this issue…
The Aesthetic Report
- Highlights from the 16th Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Medicine World Congress – Dr Anushka Reddy reports on the new treatments that were purported to be the go-to this year at the AAMWC in Monaco.
- New Generation Aesthetics: The Academic Approach – Paola Chellew provides insight into the Aesthetic Doctors Journal Club, revealing its members’ philosophies and their thoughts on the anti-ageing conundrum.
- The new medical device regulations act: What you as patient/consumer need to know. By Dr Cobus van Niekerk.
- Post Baby Body Procedures – Dr Alistair McAlpine discusses what various non-invasive aesthetic treatment options are safe for new mums to help restore their pre-baby body.
Anti-Ageing & Integrative Medicine
- The New Face in Intimate Wellness – Dr Nerina Wilkinson reports on the latest feminine rejuvenation procedure that not only enhances sexual function, but may also be an effective alternative to hormone replacement therapy.
- The Age of Anxiety… Just keeping up in our fast-paced, interconnected world is a challenge, so it’s not surprising that anxiety has reached epidemic proportions in modern society, by Dr Sly Nedic.
- How True Are These Health Myths? Throughout the centuries, many health myths have arisen. Some are tried, tested, and taken as fact, but others are nothing more than fantasy. We debunk some of the latter.
Skin Sense: Anti-Ageing Skin Strategies & Health
- Cream of the Crop – A choice selection of our favourite cosmeceutical products to add to your beauty regime.
- Diseases of Hypopigmentation – Dr Dagmar Whitaker advises on the causes, types and treatment.
- Immaculate Skin at Any Age – Dr Sly Nedic lists four key steps towards healthy skin.
- Actinic Keratosis Uncovered – Also known as solar keratosis, actinic keratosis is a very common precancerous lesion that is induced by UV light. However, early treatment can eliminate them before they become skin cancers. By Dr Ian Webster.
- The Physiology of Anti-Ageing – Dr Judey Pretorius looks at how the structures within the epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous layer of the skin are affected by the ageing process.
- Acne in Ethnic Skin – Dr Fatima Bhabha discusses some of the unique skin-care challenges of various ethnic skin types, and advises on treatment options thereof.
Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery
- BIA-ALCL – A New Disease Awareness is Vital: What You Need to Know Despite the incidence of breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) being extremely low worldwide, Dr Chris Snijman insists that plastic surgeons familiarise themselves with the disease. Reporting by Sally Harvey.
- International News: Patients who travel abroad for plastic surgery can bring home serious complications. Study on ‘medical tourist’ trend reveals substantial problems, risks, as well as a huge effect on the US health system.
- More Than Just a Cosmetic Procedure – In addition to restoring the pre-pregnancy shape of the abdomen, abdominoplasty (‘tummy tuck’) surgery with muscle repair can improve back pain and urinary incontinence after childbearing.
- Maintaining Your Look After Dental Implants Dr André Roux provides tips to upkeep dental implants to increase comfort and durability.
- Adult Overbite Problems – Dr Sam Muslin provides a non-surgical solution.
Also in this issue
- Meet the Team: A2’s Expert Panel and Contributors.
- Turning Surgery into a Game: Controversial apps accused of marketing plastic surgery to kids.
- Premium Classifieds.
Get A2 Aesthetic & Anti-Ageing Magazine
1. Purchase from these stores across South Africa… also available at select stores in Namibia, Botswana and Mauritius.
2. Click here to purchase soft copies on our app to read on your apple or android device anywhere in the world. (We don’t offer print magazine subscriptions).
Get in touch with A2 Magazine