RT-Gel provides an optimal environment for tissue healing
Minimally invasive dermato-surgical procedures have become popular worldwide
- Such procedures are not concluded until the treated tissues are completely recovered.
- Post-operative skin care is as crucial as the procedure.
- A good clinical result depends on an optimal wound healing process.
An ideal primary dressing should:
- Be formulated as a transparent, semipermeable, easily applicable and removable topical gel.
- Be able to transform into a highly pliable, super-thin film, perfectly conforming to all irregularities of the skin.
- Its external layer should dry rapidly and resist environmental stress.
- Its inner layer should provide a uniformly moist environment because acute wounds heal 40% faster when kept moist.
Silicone (RT-Gel), a semipermeable gel formulation is:
- Cosmetically acceptable
- Easy to apply
- Capable of providing a protective skin surface micro environment, which, in turn, leads to optimal and faster wound healing after a full-face ablative laser procedure.
Silicone enables all biologically active cells and their related cytokines and growth factors to work undisturbed during wound healing, which may reduce the risk of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Recommended retail price?
R459.54 ex vat
Where to buy?
Available at Dischem and Clicks
Ask your doctor for more information
RT-GEL. For full prescribing information refer to package insert.
Further information is available on request to the holder of registration.
Marketed by: Ranbaxy (S.A.) (Pty) Ltd, a Sun Pharma company. Reg. no.: 1993/001413/07. Ground Floor, Tugela House, Riverside Office Park, 1303 Heuwel Avenue, Centurion. Tel: +27 12 643 2000.
Website: www.sunpharma.com. Applicant: dermaV Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd.
Reference: 1. Advanced film-forming gel formula vs spring thermal water and white petrolatum as primary dressings after full-face ablative fractional CO2 laser resurfacing: a comparative split-face pilot study. L. Marini. 2017 European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. JEADV 2018, 32, 113-116. 2. RT-Gel package insert.