As always, we bring out four issues a year, one at the beginning of each season…
- March (autumn)
- June (winter)
- September (spring)
- December (summer)
At A2 Magazine, we believe aesthetics and anti-ageing are more than just a few injectable treatments. It’s the whole package – a healthy outlook on life (a smile makes you seem younger and more attractive), what you put out is what you receive back in return, healthy skin (this forms the basis of everything), a healthy body, healthy hair and so on. All the external treatments and procedures must add to and compliment these.
Which is why our print magazine and blog both comprehensively cover the following sections within the industry:
- The Aesthetic Report (aesthetic treatments and procedures, injectables, treatments)
- Anti-Ageing & Integrative Medicine (a holistic approach to your overall health and wellness through nutrition, exercise, hormone balance etc)
- Skin Sense (focusing on your skin, skin concerns, treatments, procedures and products to use)
- Dental Techniques (interesting info and options in cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry)
- And lastly, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery (touching on cosmetic and reconstructive surgery options whether they are for cosmetic or medical reasons)
We cover varying topics within each of the above sections in every print magazine, plus regularly update our blog, www.a2magazine.co.za, with information in-between magazines. So be sure to never miss an edition and check in regularly with us on the blog and social media.
Happy reading with us in this beautiful new season!
In this issue…
Anti-Ageing, Wellness & Integrative Medicine
- Skin HRT – a topical approach to facial anti-ageing, by Dr Sly Nedic.
- How genetic testing could keep you healthy – Longiva’s registered dietician, Ezette Oosthuizen, discusses how using these tests daily in her practice help her patients improve their health.
- Google Symptom Check: is fake news better than no news? By Dr Marion Morkel and Dr Sindi van Zyl.
- IV Nutrient Therapy: drip with caution. Dr Cobus van Niekerk advises on how to administer IV nutrient therapy responsibly (AAMSSA Report).
- How to die young at a very old age, by Dr Tamara Pheiffer.
The Aesthetic Report
- Trending Treatments: highlights from 2019’s Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Medicine World Congress (AMWC), by Dr Anushka Reddy.
- A revolutionary female rejuvenation treatment, by Dr Sujata Garach and Dr Thys Heyns.
- Androgenetic Alopecia – turning the tide against hair loss, by Dr Sly Nedic.
- Rise of the plastic parties – Dr Riekie Smit reports on the dangerous cosmetic trend that is injection house parties.
- NEW: Le Chic Clinique for all your aesthetic, anti-ageing and wellness needs under one roof: our pick of premium beauty bars, medical spas and clinics.
Skin Sense: Anti-Ageing Skin Strategies & Health
- Cream of the Crop – a choice selection of our favourite cosmeceutical products to add to your beauty regime.
- Healing scars – how skin aesthetic treatments can help patients with darker skin types to improve the appearance of scars, by Dr Portia Gumede.
- Shades of pale – Dr Shahien Dollie sheds light on the origins of colourism.
- Winter skin tips keeping your skin healthy and rejuvenated during the cold season, by Lindey Visser.
Cosmetic Surgery Update
- From Ghana to Beverly Hills: the success story that is Dr Michael K Obeng, by Mandy Collins.
- Rare Lymphoma linked to breast implants: what you need to know, by Dr Isabel Do Vale (APRASSA Report).
Dentistry Techniques & Oral Health
- Sleep apnea – how an oral appliance could help you (and your partner) sleep better.
- Shapes and shades – the concept of visagism: a smile that is not only more natural, but also expresses an individual’s sense of personality and identity, by Dr Sam Thandar.
Also in this issue
- Meet the team: A2’s expert panel and contributors.
- The ISAPS Report (The South African Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Meeting in Cape Town).
- Anesthesia: what really happens to your body when you go under.
- Botulinum Toxin may help prevent migraines.
- New plastic surgery law passes first step.
- Premium Classifieds.
Three ways to get
A2 Aesthetic & Anti-Ageing Magazine
1. Buy from these stores across South Africa…
2. Click here to buy soft copies of the magazine through our app to read on your apple or android device anywhere in the world.
3. Click here to subscribe to receive print magazines delivered via private courier straight to your door.
Get in touch with A2 Magazine