The growing International Industry of medical aesthetics has shown tremendous growth over the past decade, with medical aesthetic clinics offering non-invasive rejuvenation treatments, increasing in number.
With this growing demand for medical aesthetics, new career opportunities developed for qualified skilled students in the Dermal Aesthetics field. Medical practitioners are relying on Somatologists to complement their offerings in medical aesthetic clinics and consequently Somatologists perform a large array of treatments under the supervision of medical practitioners.
The Advanced Diploma in Dermal Aesthetics offered at the Isa Carstens Academy, provides learners with advanced knowledge and skills of advanced procedures offered in a medical aesthetic setting, enabling them to perform safe and effective treatments. The Diploma in Dermal Aesthetics is SAQA registered (SAQA ID 97898) on an NQF Level 7.
Who Should enroll for the Advanced Diploma in Dermal Aesthetics?
The Advanced Diploma in Dermal Aesthetics prepare students for a specific professional niche and equip those working in the Industry with a qualification ensuring they perform safe and effecting treatments in the industry.
The Advanced Diploma was designed as a distance learning programme, allowing the students to continue working while furthering her professional development.
About the Course
Although students combine the program with their ongoing careers, it is structured to be completed within one year of studies or depending on the students specific circumstances, the qualification can be completed over a maximum period of three years
Mode of Instruction includes contact theory sessions after hours via live streaming or on-site at either the Stellenbosch or Pretoria Campuses. Practical block contact sessions will be hosted throughout the year on both Campuses.
Graduates will gain knowledge in
- Advanced Procedures in Aesthetic Treatments
- Advanced dermal Science
- Dermal Pathophysiology
- Practice Management
- Applied Cosmetic Science
- Research Methodology
Practical sessions will include
- Radio Frequency
- Laser & IPL
- Light Emitting Diodes
- And many more of the latest technologies
Students completing their Advanced Diploma in Dermal Aesthetics are distinguished in the Industry by their levels of competence.
Did you know?
- Isa Carstens Academy is training in the Health & Skincare Industry for more than 41 years (since 1978)
- Only accredited on-line Advanced Diploma in Dermal Aesthetics in the Country at the moment
- Registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Higher Education Institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997.
- Qualification is registered with SAQA ID Number: 97898
- The Advanced Diploma is registered on NQF Level 7, which gives graduates the opportunity to further studies on NQF Level 8.
- Diploma in Somatology NQF level 6, 360 credit or equivalent qualification in a cognate field
- Proof of prior learning – Recognition of Prior Learning Policy will be followed
Applying for an Advanced Diploma in Dermal Aesthetics
For more detailed information on the course or to book a course…
Phone: +27 (0)21 883 9777