As always, we bring out four issues a year, one at the beginning of each season…
- March (autumn)
- June (winter)
- September (spring)
- December (summer)
At A2 Magazine, we believe aesthetics and anti-ageing are more than just a few injectable treatments. It’s the whole package – a healthy outlook on life (a smile makes you seem younger and more attractive), what you put out is what you receive back in return, healthy skin (this forms the basis of everything), a healthy body, healthy hair and so on. All the external treatments and procedures must add to and compliment these.
Which is why our print magazine and blog both comprehensively cover the following sections within the industry:
- The Aesthetic Report (aesthetic treatments and procedures, injectables, treatments)
- Anti-Ageing & Integrative Medicine (a holistic approach to your overall health and wellness through nutrition, exercise, hormone balance etc)
- Skin Sense (focusing on your skin, skin concerns, treatments, procedures and products to use)
- Dental Techniques (interesting info and options in cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry)
- And lastly, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery (touching on cosmetic and reconstructive surgery options whether they are for cosmetic or medical reasons)
We cover varying topics within each of the above sections in every print magazine, plus regularly update our blog, www.a2magazine.co.za, with information in-between magazines. So be sure to never miss an edition and check in regularly with us on the blog and social media.
Happy reading with us in this beautiful new season!
In this issue…
Anti-Ageing, Wellness & Integrative Medicine
- Addressing Male Obesity – while obesity and the negative health consequences affect both men and women, being obese has been shown to take a special toll on men.
- Taming the raging monster – most women suffer from PMS on a monthly basis, but what exactly is it and can we make the period before our period easier? By DR SLY NEDIC.
- Ballooning to slim down – SALLY HARVEY reports on bariatric and weight-loss procedures.
- Codeine Dependence: SA’s over-the-counter addiction drug addiction isn’t limited to illegal drugs – an over-the-counter painkiller can also be addictive when abused, writes MANDY COLLINS.
The Aesthetic Report
- A Disappointing Jab – DR RIEKIE SMIT discusses patient dissatisfaction with botulinum toxin for aesthetic reasons.
- Considering Fillers? Before taking the filler plunge, ensure you get the lowdown on this treatment first, advises DR ALISTAIR MCALPINE.
- Trend Alert: The Rapid Rise of Male Aesthetics – while the male cosmetics market is still in its infancy, this segment is rapidly skyrocketing, especially when it comes to facial injectables. DR CHRIS GIEZING reports.
- The Daddy Do-Over – New York men are embracing plastic surgery with a series of treatments that experts are dubbing the ‘daddy-do-over’.
- Bali Bliss: IMCAS Asia 2019 – DR SHAHIEN DOLLIE chats about his experience at one of Asia’s largest aesthetic congresses.
- Dos and Don’ts – What you need to know before having an aesthetic procedure, by GABRIELLA CIRILLO.
- Treating the Dimple – DR ANUSHKA REDDY gives us a breakdown on cellulite and its causes, while advising how to minimise this orange peel appearance.
Skin Sense: Anti-Ageing Skin Strategies & Health
- Cream of the Crop – a choice selection of our favourite cosmeceutical products to add to your beauty regime.
- The Skin-Gut Nexus – DR SLY NEDIC explores the connection between our gut and skin health, and whether keeping our gut healthy could be the path to immaculate skin.
- Caring for Chemo-Stressed Skin – DR JONATHAN SMITH imparts invaluable advice on how to care for your skin, hair and nails during and after chemotherapy.
- Rubbed up the wrong way? Following the recent controversy of Kylie Jenner’s new facial scrub on social media, PAOLA CHELLEW delves into the world of exfoliation products.
- AAMSSA Report: Not All Micro-Needling Devices Are Created Equal. President of AAMSSA, DR DEBBIE NORVAL guides us on how to recognise authenticity and quality in a micro-needling pen.
- Le Chic Clinique – For all your aesthetic, anti-ageing and wellness needs under one roof: our pick of premium beauty bars, medical spas and clinics.
- Is It Time to See a Doctor? If OTC medications are no longer working on treating your skin problems, is it time to call your doctor? DR PORTIA GUMEDE sheds some light on this on this sensitive topic.
- 5 Minutes with… The Skin Whisperer – PAOLA CHELLEW chats to Dr Des Fernandes on his take on skincare trends and innovations.
Cosmetic Surgery Update
- APRASSA Report: Labiaplasty Unpacked – DR CHRIS LADAS discusses the motivation behind undergoing labiaplasty surgery, as well as the techniques and results thereof.
- Lonely Baby Boomers – A Driving Surge in Plastic Surgery for baby boomers hoping to retain their youth and maybe get back into the dating scene – are seeking plastic surgery in ever-increasing numbers.
- Fill Him Up – DR ERNU DE VILLLIERS discusses penile augmentation using dermal fillers.
Dentistry Techniques & Oral Health
- Smile Ever After – how dental aesthetics can enhance your pearly whites to ensure your smile is picture perfect on your big day, by DR MARYAM DAWJEE.
- Up in E-smoke – DR ESMARI DU TOIT clears the fog surrounding e-cigarette usage with regards to oral healthcare, while demystifying this seemingly alternative solution to cigarette usage.
- Teething Trends – DR NORMAN CAHI and DR CHELSEA CAHI reveal some of the latest innovations in cosmetic dentistry.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Industry News – an amalgamation in aesthetics: Ellipse and Radiant Healthcare.
- Meet the Team A2’s Expert Panel and Contributors.
- Man About Face – according to a recent study, men who’ve had facial aesthetic treatments appear to be more attractive, likeable and trustworthy.
- Premium Classifieds.
Get A2 Aesthetic & Anti-Ageing Magazine
1. Purchase from these stores across South Africa… also available at select stores in Namibia, Botswana and Mauritius.
2. Click here to purchase soft copies on our app to read on your apple or android device anywhere in the world. (We don’t offer print magazine subscriptions).
Get in touch with A2 Magazine