What is Carbon Laser Peel?
The Carbon Laser Peel is a new technique using two different sets of Nd: YAG laser parameters and has been developed in combination with a topical carbon lotion or powder. This laser treatment is highly beneficial for people who battle with oily skin, acne on the face or body, enlarged pores, and blackheads.
Moreover, the carbon laser peel rejuvenates the skin due to its excellent exfoliation properties leaving your skin refreshed with an instant revived appearance.
In sum, the Carbon Laser Peel tightens pores, reduces scars and pigmentation, significantly reduces wrinkles, leaving your face plumped and glowing. The Carbon Laser Peel has become one of the most popular facial treatments in Hollywood and is also known by the term China Doll Carbon Facial or Hollywood Carbon Laser Peel.
Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Aniston, and Kim Kardashian are the forefront celebs of this treatment and are always snapped with perfect radiant skin on the red carpet. The Carbon Laser Peel is known for stimulating collagen production, and it also evens the skin tone out. These celebs swear by the results of this treatment.
How does the treatment work?
The Medical Aesthetician will apply a carbon layer onto the skin where the carbon can penetrate deep into the pores. The Q-switch laser (Nd: Yag 1064 nm & 532 nm) will attract carbon particles when passed over the area while the laser simultaneously destroys the carbon layer. Thus, all the dead skin cells, contaminants, and oil are destroyed with the implosion of the carbon particles.
How many treatments do I need?
We recommend 3-6 sessions every 3 to 4 weeks. This gives your skin ample time to produce additional collagen and elastin. The more treatments performed the better the long-term results in reducing both pore size and minimizing wrinkles.
Advantages of the Carbon Laser Peel
- Improvement in pore size
- Improvement in active acne
- Increased tone of the skin
- Stimulation of collagen and elastin
- Clearer complexion and radiance
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces acne, scars and post-acne discoloration
- Dead skin cells are removed from the superficial epidermal layer
The Carbon Laser Peel procedure uses no harsh formulas or abrasive scrubbing techniques during the process.
There are no adverse chemical reactions or recovery time needed. The clean exfoliation effect is immediate, and as soon as the treatment is over, the skin feels clean with pores cleared and minimized.
There are no delayed peeling afterward; instead, your skin looks noticeably smoother afterward. The Hollywood peel takes from 30-60 minutes in total, and most people find the procedure reasonably comfortable.
Book your appointment with Aesthetica
Phone: 011 081 5222
Physical address: Clearwater Corporate Park, Atlas road, Boksburg, Gauteng
- Goldberg DJ, W. J. (1997). Laser skin resurfacing with the Q-switched Nd: YAG laser. Dermatol Surg, 23, 903-906.
- Goldberg, D., & Metzler, C. (1999). Skin resurfacing utilizing a low-fluence Nd: YAG laser. Cutan. Laser. Ther., 1, 23-27.
- Kawada, A., Aragane, Y., Kameyama, H., Sangen, Y., & Tezuka, T. (2002). Acne phototherapy with a high-intensity, enhanced, narrow-band, blue light source: An open study and in vitro investigation. Dermatol. Sci., 30, 129-135.
- Papageorgiou, P., Katsambas, A., & Chu, A. (2002). Phototherapy with blue (415nm) and red (660nm) light in the treatment of acne vulgaris. J. Dermatol, 143, 973-978.
- Peck, G., Olsen, T., & Yoder, F. (1979). Prolonged remission of cystic acne with 13-cis-retinoic acne. Engl.J.Med, 300, 329-333.
- Rozicka, T., & Ocambo-Candiani, J. (2016). Textbook of lasers in dermatology.London: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers.
All our photographs of before and after treatment results are examples only, and do not constitute an implied or any other kind of guarantee of the result of treatment procedures. Results can vary significantly between our clients. All our treatment results are subject to the individualizes of each client.
Furthermore, all treatment procedures carry potential risks and complications which are described in detail in our treatment consent forms. These may include but are not limited to, bleeding, infection, asymmetry, dissatisfaction with the result and the expense of further treatments to manage a complication (patient forms). If you have any questions regarding these potential risks and complications. Please discuss them with our doctors or aesthetic therapist prior to treatments.
Before undergoing a treatment, please be sure that you understand that YOUR actual results will likely VARY SIGNIFICANTLY from other patient’s results, including their BEFORE & AFTER photos.
This is quite important to understand — that EVEN when you feel that you look very similar to another client in their BEFORE images, your results will likely vary significantly — because you are a unique person. Every individual has NOT only a completely unique physique but also uniquely individualistic body healing capacities, scarring tendencies and recovery processes — some of which are unpredictable even in very-healthy patients who rest adequately and do ALL the other right things before and after their procedure.
Please be noted, our doctors and aesthetic therapists offer you our highest expertise in our aesthetic procedures.