An addition to the RégimA anti-ageing armoury, a deliciously quenching facial oil. Immersed within exotic oils there lie two outstanding anti-ageing active ingredients to tantalise and treat.
- Prickly Pear, extremely rich in antioxidant Vitamins E, K, and Essential Fatty Acids, Omega-6 and linoleic acid, Prickly Pear deeply nourishes, softening wrinkles, stimulates new cell growth, restoring elasticity, calms inflammation and brightens skin, improving pores and promoting a more flawless complexion.
- BV-OSC (Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate) is powerful Oil-Soluble Vitamin C, providing multiple anti-ageing benefits. Penetrates quickly, protects cells from UV damage, improves skin tone due to anti-tyrosinase activity, whilst promoting healthy collagen synthesis, resulting in a stronger, resilient, clearer, brighter, more even-toned, smoother complexion.
- Powerful Antioxidant – The essential fatty acids help combat free radical damage, reducing the appearance of blemishes and signs of UV damage.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties – Helps wounds heal faster, and aids repair damage caused by UV rays and environmental pollution.
- Hydration – Prickly Pear Seed Oil has the ability to retain moisture in the driest of conditions because it comes from a cactus plant, to maintain optimal skin nourishment.
- Tightens Pores – Essential fatty acids in Prickly Pear Oil keep the collagen layer moist and healthy, subsequently keeping pores tight and skin firmer.
- Brightens Dark Spots – This oil soluble Vitamin C has the ability to brighten uneven skin tone. Vitamin K helps lighten and minimize spider veins.
- Slows Skin Ageing – Prickly Pear contains the highest levels of Betalains of any known plant. Betalains are super antioxidants with powerful anti-ageing effects.
- Prevents Wrinkles – Prickly Pear Oil has a very high Vitamin E content, 150% more than even argan oil. Helps prevent premature wrinkle formation.
- It Will Not Clog Your Pores – A high (60%) Linoleic Acid content and a low (20%) Oleic Acid content makes this oil non-comedogenic meaning it will not clog your pores and lead to breakouts.
- Reduces the Appearance of Acne – It is also rich in amino acids, which stimulate collagen production to promote faster cell turnover to heal and renew your skin.
- It Works for All Skin Types – Whether you have dry skin, sensitive skin, or mature skin, Prickly Pear Seed Oil, plus Vitamin C are perfect.
A Certified Ecocert ‘Cosmetofood’ – Powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. The seed oil contains 150% more Vitamin E even than Argan Oil, higher antioxidants (betalains) than beetroot, goji berries and Acai oil. Extremely rich in antioxidant Vitamins A, C, E, K, Phytosterols, and Essential Fatty Acids, Omega-6, linoleic Oleic, Palmitic, Stearic, Linolenic, and Palmitoleic acids.
Originally found in Mexico, showing remarkable adaptation to arid climates, thus a source of hydration in the desert, this cactus is now cultivated all around the Mediterranean basin. Historically used to treat burns and abscesses.
Why does RégimA choose this Special Ecocert Organic Prickly Pear?
These Active Molecules within the seed oil, which is a natural humectant, are powerfully anti-ageing, regenerating, providing proven anti-wrinkle, antioxidant, anti-bacterial and healing properties, with visible anti-redness, anti-irritant, deep moisturisation, soothing and smoothing. There is stimulation of new cell growth, restoring elasticity, calming inflammation, brightening skin, improving pores and promoting a more flawless complexion. This ingredient is a force to be reckoned with.
BV-OSC (Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate)
Powerful oil soluble Vitamin C. Will not oxidise, penetrates quickly and provides multiple anti-ageing benefits. Protects cells from UV damage, improves skin tone whilst promoting healthy collagen synthesis, resulting in a stronger, resilient, clearer, brighter, more even-toned, smoother complexion.
An increase in oxidative stress wreaks havoc on skin health, hindering collagen synthesis and speeding up collagen breakdown, higher photo-damage, resulting in increased melanin production. As a result, skin visibly ages, with wrinkles, roughness, ‘age spots’ uneven pigmentation, reduced skin brightness and a decline in skin hydration. Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Vitamin C acts at a cellular level increasing cell survival, collagen synthesis, ensuring skin hydration.
- UV Protection – UV exposure increases inflammation in the epidermis and dermis, damaging the DNA. UV rays increase melanin production and skin thickness, but not in a good way, resulting in a skin that is thick, coarse, full of wrinkles, and pigmentation. Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate achieves excellent penetration within the skin keratinocytes, fighting harmful effects of UV radiation. Cells treated with Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate have a better survival rate.
- Melanocytes – Produce melanin, a dark pigment, which protects skin from UV damage. However, too much of this pigment can result in a darkened, patchy, complexion. Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate helps reduce melanin production, resulting in skin brightening.
- Collagen – With age and exposure to environmental toxins and pollutants, skin loses collagen reserves. However, all is not lost, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate helps promote healthy collagen synthesis as well as causing a decline in the activity of collagen-degrading enzymes.
- Multi-Functional – Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate is a potent anti-ageing, antioxidant, melanin suppressing, and collagen boosting skincare ingredient with an impressive safety profile.
Recommend price is R349.00 (as at October 2019)
Find RégimA stockists near you