SkinCeuticals is a leading USA clinical skincare company founded by Dermatologist, Dr Sheldon Pinnell in 1997. Their mission is to improve skin health and they make one simple promise — to provide advanced skincare backed by science.
They offer high potency antioxidants with concentrated pure actives, proven to help Correct signs of ageing, Protect healthy skin and Prevent future damage.
SkinCeuticals are considered the global leaders in Antioxidant research and development, with their founder, Dr Pinnell, having conducted the first peer-reviewed research into topical solutions against oxidative-stress. This resulted in the Duke University Antioxidant patent, considered now the gold standard for topical antioxidant formulations.
With four generations of topical antioxidant research and development, 10 patents, and more than 200 clinical studies published in prestigious medical journals, SkinCeuticals is recognized as an antioxidant skin care authority worldwide. Their research extends now to skin damage caused by visible light, as well as developing world-first topical ingredients for treating pigmentation.
Product choice: BLEMISH AND AGE DEFENSE
Blemish + Age Defense is a targeted, oil-free approach for aging skin prone to breakouts. This first-to-market acid blend combines 2% dioic acid with an optimal alpha- and beta-hydroxy acid formulation to reduce the formation of acne and clogged pores, while improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone.
This powerful, targeted anti-aging serum addresses adult acne and signs of aging with a one-of-a-kind technology of Dioic Acid, Salicylic Acid, LHA, Glycolic Acid, and Citric Acid to fight the formation of acne and reduce excess sebum production as it helps improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and rough surface texture that can lead to an aged appearance.
- Reduces excess sebum production
- Improves the appearance of blotchiness, blemishes, and uneven skin tone
- Decongests clogged pores
- Diminishes visible signs of aging
- Ideal for acne-prone, oily, combination, and aging skin types
How to use
Once or twice daily, apply four to five drops to dry skin.
Product choice: PHLORETIN CF™
Derived from apples and the root bark of fruit trees including apple, pear, and grapefruit, phloretin is a broad- spectrum molecule newly identified for its antioxidant properties and recently studied for use as a pigment- regulating and penetration-enhancing agent in the medical community.
Phloretin CF features a patented synergistic combination of 2% phloretin, 10% pure vitamin C (l-ascorbic acid), and 0.5% ferulic acid for enhanced protection against atmospheric skin aging – environmental damage and premature signs of aging caused by free radicals from UVA/UVB, infrared radiation (IRA), and ozone pollution (O3). In addition to antioxidant protective benefits, Phloretin CF improves the appearance of discoloration, fine lines, and uneven skin tone.
- Provides advanced environmental protection by neutralizing damaging free radicals
- Improves the appearance of discoloration and overall skin tone
- Once absorbed, this vitamin C serum remains effective for a minimum of 72 hours
- Prevents premature signs of aging and corrects existing photodamage, especially age spots and laxity
- Divides and conquers the range of reactive oxygen species (ROS) throughout the skin
- Facilitates cellular repair and maintains cell diversity
- Reconstructs the skin’s support structure
- Boosts skin’s natural immunity against DNA impairment to preserve cellular integrity and help prevent serious skin conditions like skin cancer
- Provides significantly better results than any one antioxidant alone
- Properly formulated with optimal concentrations at the precise pH to ensure maximum bio-availiability
- Paraben-, fragrance-, and dye-free
- Ideal for normal, oily, and combination skin types
Usage and recommendations
- Uneven skin tone
- Loss of elasticity
- Mottled appearance
- Photodamaged skin
How to use
Once daily using fingertips, apply 4-5 drops of Phloretin CF™ to face, neck, and chest.
Product choice: PHYSICAL FUSION UV DEFENSE SPF 50
Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 is a weightless fluid that combines 100% mineral filters with translucent color spheres for effective broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection and an even, radiant finish. This high protection zinc oxide sunscreen also contains artemia salina, a plankton extract known to increase skin’s resistance to UV- and heat-induced stress.
- Sheer, tinted sunscreen adapts to most skin tones without a white cast
- Tested on all ethnicities, this adaptable fluid provides discreet coverage while restoring radiance
- Water and sweat resistant for up to 40 minutes
- Boosts radiance for a more even, luminous complexion
- Helps boost skin’s natural defenses to environmental stress
- Protects against collagen damage
- Enhances DNA protection and repair
- Can be used alone or under makeup
- Ideal for daily use
- Paraben-free and fragrance-free; non-comedogenic (does not clog pores)
- Ideal for all skin types, even very sensitive skin
How to use
Shake well before use. Apply daily to face, neck, and chest before makeup. Reapply every two hours and after swimming, excessive perspiring, or after towel drying. For children under six months of age, consult a physician before use.
As at November 2019.
- CORRECT = Blemish + Age Defense: R1 417
- PREVENT = Phloretin CF: R2 864
- PROTECT = Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50: R677
Find a skincare professional offering SkinCeuticals treatments
SkinCeuticals skincare professionals are trained to create customised protocols that address individual skin needs and concerns, they can also help prescribe home care products to benefit the results of your treatment.
To discover which SkinCeuticals professional peels, facial treatments and home products are ideal for you, schedule a consultation today.