A dual antioxidant treatment with 10% l-ascorbic acid and ferulic acid
Ideal for sensitive skin types or those new to vitamin C antioxidant serum, Serum 10 utilizes 10% pure vitamin C (l-ascorbic acid) and 0.2% ferulic acid to help neutralize damaging free radicals that contribute to atmospheric skin aging – environmental damage and premature signs of aging caused by free radicals from UVA/UVB radiation. In addition to providing the benefits of vitamin C, this antioxidant serum also helps improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Neutralizes damaging free radicals induced by environmental aggressors
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and restores healthy-looking skin
- Fragrance- and alcohol-free
- Ideal as an introductory antioxidant serum for all skin types especially sensitive skin
- Lightweight and fast-absorbing
L-ascorbic acid (10%)
Lauded for its superior antioxidant benefits, this highly potent form of pure vitamin C helps neutralize free radicals and protect against oxidative stress while providing visible anti-aging benefits.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, neutralizes free radicals,
- Provides environmental protection, and helps stimulate collagen* synthesis
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Stable, high concentration formula
- Once absorbed, can’t be washed or rubbed off, remaining protective for up to four days – an excellent addition to sunscreens
0.2% ferulic acid
A plant-based antioxidant, ferulic acid neutralizes free radicals and enhances the antioxidant benefits and stability of vitamins C. It acts synergistically with other antioxidants, improving their potency and is easily absorbed by the skin.
Who is it suitable for?
- Delicate or sensitive skin
- With imperfections
- Photoaged or photodamaged skin
- Poor skin elasticity
- Beginning 30 days before and/or 7-10 days after invasive or non-invasive rejuvenating procedures
- Protocols: Gentle Treatment for Sensitive Skin, Detoxifying Treatment for Problematic Skin
How to apply?
- In the morning after cleansing, apply 4-5 drops of this antioxidant serum to a dry face, neck, and chest before other skincare products. May also be used on backs of the hands.
- It is normal for vitamin C products to darken after opening due to air and light exposure. The formula will remain effective. Once opened, it is recommended to be used within 3 months of opening.
- Complete your regimen with a SkinCeuticals sunscreen. When used together, SkinCeuticals antioxidants and broad spectrum sunscreens provide more comprehensive protection against visible aging caused by environmental aggressors.
Should be used to prepare skin for invasive cosmetic procedures for up to 30 days prior to procedure. May also be used to help reduce erythema and to maintain results following invasive cosmetic procedures, beginning 7-10 days after the procedure, or as soon as recommended by the treating physician or aesthetician
How much does cost?
Recommend retail price: R1050 (as at May 2020)
SkinCeuticals is a premium skincare brand with prices to match. But the scientific research and formulations that go into their products and the results on your skin make this a worthwhile purchase.
Find a skincare professional offering SkinCeuticals products and treatments
SkinCeuticals skincare professionals are trained to create customised protocols that address individual skin needs and concerns, they can also help prescribe home care products to benefit the results of your treatment.
To discover which SkinCeuticals professional peels, facial treatments and home products are ideal for you, schedule a consultation today.