8th Sense, offering a holistic aesthetic and anti-aging practice for men and women, is situated in a sophisticated and soothing environment in the heart of Sandton.
Here, we offer an advanced selection of non-surgical aesthetic and anti-aging treatments, as well as DNA testing and personalised lifestyle interventions. Our aim is to address biological aging, premature aging, aesthetic face and body concerns, hormonal disturbances etc with a holistic approach, internally and externally, using the latest in medical advances.
This means that whether you have wrinkles and are concerned that menopause is making it worse or you have stubborn belly fat and are concerned about potentially having Insulin resistance, we will address your particular need from a holistic approach to find a personalized solution for you.
The decision to undergo any aesthetic treatment is big and potentially life-changing. At 8th Sense, we believe that only a truly informed patient is a happy patient. Therefore, all your concerns and expectations will be thoroughly discussed so that your mind is set at ease.
All our non-surgical makeover methods will be explained in depth so that you can explore all possibilities and make an educated and informed decision. If your aesthetic concerns need medical evaluation an anti-aging and integrative medicine consultation will be offered to you.
Anti-aging, integrative medicine and preventive DNA testing is a relatively new medical field that is progressively developing and is practiced by medical doctors who are trained in Functional and Integrative medicine.
However, even though it is a science based medicine and it is supported by extensive research it is often accompanied by patient scepticism. 8th Sense ensures that each suggested treatment is thoroughly explained to all anti-aging patients and any supplementary literature is available on request. Patients will often need substantial life style and dietary changes and use of scientifically approved supplements.
Furthermore, the results, enabling each patient to feel healthy and young will speak instead of the scientific papers.
For all medical procedures you will be seen and treated by Dr Sly Nedic, your anti-aging coach, and, for cosmetic procedures, by our continuously trained skin therapists who share and carry Dr Nedic’s vision and passion for beauty and health.
About Dr Sly Nedic
8th Sense’s resident Aesthetic and Anti-Aging practitioner, Dr Sly Nedic, provides all aesthetic, anti-aging, preventive DNA testing and personalised medicine treatments at the 8th Sense suites in Sandton.
Dr Sly Nedic qualifications and accreditations
As a registered doctor with the Health Profession Council of South Africa and founder of 8th Sense Medi-Spa, Dr. Nedic holds numerous credentials in aesthetic, anti-aging and integrative medicine.
- Board Certified Physician in Anti-Aging Medicine by the World Organization of Anti-Aging Medicine (WOSAAM)-Anti-aging Diplomat
- Registered doctor with the Health Profession Council of South Africa
- Certified Acupuncturist with the Allied Health Profession Council
- Faculty member of Scientific board for Preventive DNA by Laboratories Reunis, Luxembourg, Europe
- Current expert contributor at A2 Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Magazine
- Expert contributor at Health intelligence magazine
- Expert contributor on Longevity Magazine’s anti-aging panel
- Expert contributor at Prime magazine – aesthetic and anti-aging magazine from Europe
Accredited training & courses in aesthetics
- Botulinum Toxin A & Soft Tissue Augmentation (Genop Healthcare basic and advanced courses)
- Allergan – Advanced Botulinum Toxin course, Madrid
- AMCSA – Advanced Botulinum Toxin A and Filler Course
- Mesotherapy, Euromedicom, Paris
- Mesotherapy – Hands on by Dr. Ph. Petit, Paris
- Ahptos Threads and Feather Lift – Hands-on training, South Africa
- Accreditation on Thermage by SOLTA Medical, USA
- Accreditation on Vela Shape, Tripollar, Titan, Cavitation, IPL devices
- Dark Pigmented Skin Conditions – Hands-on training, Dubai
- E2E (Expert to Expert) master courses, Paris 2010, 2011, Monte Carlo 2012
- E2E (Expert to expert) master course, IMCAS 2013, Paris
- Aesthetic Master Class for Experts (AME) – Anti-aging Medical World Congress, Monte Carlo, 2013
- Volift Workshop with Mauricio de Maio from Brazil, 2013
- Live Anatomy on Cadaver – IMCAS (International Master Course on Aging Skin ), Paris, 2014,2015
- AMI Expert Forum for Advanced Injectors by Allergan – “Patients for life”, Johannesburg, 2014
- Silhouette Soft training by Dr R Pizzamiglio, Monaco 2015
- E2E (Expert to expert) master course, IMCAS 2015, Paris
- Hands on training , MD CodesTM facial re- contouring 2015
Accredited courses in anti-aging
- Anti-Aging fellowship – WOSAAM, Paris
- Anti-Aging and Nutrition – American Academy Of Anti Aging Medicine, Chicago, USA
- Practical Approaches in Hormone Therapies – WOSAAM, Budapest
- Anti-aging and Integrative Medicine – SA4IM, South Africa
- DNA and Progressive Lifespan Medicine – AAMS, Brussels
- Diploma in DNA TESTING – Academy Reunis, Luxembourg
- Functional Medicine Educational Series Hosted by Metagenics 2013, 2014
- The Institute for Functional Medicines (AIC) – Illuminating the Energy Spectrum: Exploring the evidence and emerging clinical solutions for managing pain, fatigue and cognitive dysfunctions – Dallas, USA, 2013
- Functional Medicine Fellowship-( ongoing IFM physicians specialization) – Cardiometabolic syndrome 2015, Autoimmunity 2016
- Facial wrinkles
- Facial sagging
- Lip augmentation
- Smokers lines
- Eyelid makeover
- Aging neck
- Pigmentation & melasma
- Acne & acne scars
- African & Asian skin
- Rough & dull skin
- Sagging body skin
- Stubborn fat
- Post pregnancy
- Stretch marks
- Total hand rejuvenation
- Anti-aging consultation
- DNA testing
- Bio-identical hormone replacement
- Weight loss & personalised nutrition
- DNA analysis
- Weight loss & personalised nutrition
- Functional medicine
- Medical conditions
- Bruxism and teeth grinding
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Micrografting for hair loss
- As an expert physician in the field of preventative DNA analysis, 8th Sense’s Dr Sly Nedic decided to create a unique detox program – a Medical Detox Retreat. Dr Nedic has been using what she calls “3P Medicine” (Personalization, Precision, Participation) for more than 10 years. In this way, she has been able to confirm with certainty that some individuals indeed have a more “fragile” detoxification capacity than others.
Get in touch with 8th Sense
For long lasting and natural looking results, the best solution is to treat the skin and body holistically. We look forward to showing you how we can put the glow back into your face and spring back into your step!
Phone: (+27) 011 884 6418
Physical address: Fredman Towers, 13 Fredman Drive, 2169, Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa
08h00 – 17h00
|Tuesday – Thursday
07h00 – 16h00
08h00 – 14h00
08h00 – 13h00