*Sponsored Post by www.optiphi.com*
Why analyse your DNA?
At optiphi® we believe in a holistic approach to good health by increasing one’s perception of intrinsic contributing factors. Intrinsic analysis of your DNA and systems provides a roadmap on how to design your diet, supplement, lifestyle and exercise regimes. DNA analysis takes the guesswork out of what is optimal for you personally. All of these factors are tightly linked, and all need to be considered when looking at improving your overall health.
Your unique genetic results allow for actionable interventions to:
- Improve your skincare regime
- Decode a healthy lifestyle just for you
- Tailor-make your unique nutritional therapy
- Support your hormone metabolism
- Create awareness to the potential risks associated with Breast, Ovarian and Prostate Cancer
The optiphi® Helix DNA tests include:
optiphi® Helix Skin Report
Identifies unique genetic markers which indicates your genetic predisposition to certain skin characteristics. These polymorphisms may affect the expression or function of certain genes making you more susceptible to certain skin conditions or characteristics.
Six skin categories investigated:
- Wrinkles, volume loss and glycation
- Dermal sensitivity and detoxification
- Inflammation of the skin
- Oxidative stress
- DNA protection and repair
- Pigmentation and sun sensitivity
optiphi® Helix Diet Report
Identifies unique genetic markers which indicate your genetic predisposition to the metabolism of certain macro- and micronutrients. It also identifies any possible food sensitivities that you may have.
Five main categories considered:
- Metabolism and fat sensitivity
- Carbohydrate responsiveness
- Glucose and insulin sensitivity
- Energy regulation and exercise response
- Food and nutrient responses
optiphi® Helix Health Report
Identifies unique genetic markers which indicate your genetic predisposition to certain health risks.
Eight health risk categories considered:
- Oxidative Stress
- Insulin Sensitivity
- Bone health
- Lipid metabolism
- Iron Overload and blood clotting
optiphi® Helix Breast, Ovarian or Prostate Cancer Report
The intention of this genetic test is to screen a panel of markers that is commonly associated with the development of breast cancer, and secondary to that ovarian and prostate cancer. Screening of these markers creates awareness of the potential genetic risks associated with these cancers.
The optiphi® test looks at an exclusive panel of higher penetrance markers across seven genes that raises the odds in breast cancer risk significantly, according to global research. For every mutation detected, the risk increases statistically.
optiphi® has selected a smaller panel of markers in the BRCA1, BRCA2, ATM, CHEK2, TP53, NBN and PALB2 genes which together contribute to an increased genetic risk.
optiphi® Helix Hormone Report
Indicate your genetic predisposition to certain risks which could affect your hormone balance. These unique markers are known as single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) that occur in your genetic code. These variations may affect the expression or function of certain genes making you more susceptible to certain conditions or characteristics. Based on the variations detected, certain characteristics may be a high priority area for you.
Several areas affecting hormone metabolism and balance are considered, namely:
- Steroid hormone metabolism
- Methylation and endocrine function
- Xenobiotic metabolism
- Autoimmune thyroid disease
Prices for tests
(As at July 2020)
- DNA SKIN TEST – R 1,555.00
- DNA HEALTH + DIET – R 2,750.00
- DNA SKIN, HEALTH & DIET – R 3,350.00
- DNA BREAST CANCER TEST – R 4,000.00
- DNA HORMONE TEST – R 4,000.00
For further information on how to book your DNA Test, visit www.optiphi.com