Love it or hate it, no one can escape the cold winter months, but we can definitely ride the winter storm with some useful personal care tips and keep our skin functionally optimally. Using the correct products and enjoying regular facial treatments is fundamental to reduce the impact of winter aggressors.
Winter is probably the harshest month for the skin as the extreme dryness is the main cause for many skin disorders. Dryness, itchiness, redness, flaking, sensitivity and dehydration are all results from winter dryness. This is also exacerbated by the use of heaters at home, at work and in our cars.
During winter we need to ensure we are using nourishing lipid-based moisturisers which have a barrier effect. This is a good time to change your cleanser to a milk cleanser such as Beauté Pacifique’s Enriched Cleansing Milk. Keep exfoliating using Gentle Facial Exfoliator and masking once a week with Skin Hydrating Mask. Continue to use STAY beautiful SPF30 daily.
Our facial moisturisers such as Moisturising Crème for both dry and all skin types have a built-in barrier function and used in conjunction with Defy Damage Skin Repair Serum provide our patients with a powerful winter combination to boost and protect your skin through winter.
It’s important to care for the skin on your body, feet and hands during winter as well. If you don’t usually suffer from dryness in these areas during the year, then winter is probably the time that you will suffer from dryness.
Beauté Pacifique’s’ range uses a patented Squalane capsule delivery system to transport its active ingredients into the deeper layers of the skin. Squalane is a bio-identical oil that mimics our body’s own natural lipids. Squalane is found in the majority of our products and gives our products a luxurious lipid base. Other nourishing ingredients found in our moisturisers are VIT E both natural and synthetic, medical-grade Lanolin, Glycerin, Aloe and Avocado Oil which is rich in Lanoleic Acid Our Body Lotion for dry skin has a potent concentration of Squalane and VIT A making it a unique body lotion for winter which helps with both dryness and ageing of the skin. Clinical trials have proven an increase in skin moisture by 65% after only 30 days of use.
Our rescue winter product for the entire family is Beauté Pacifique’s’ X-tra Dry Skin Fix. This product can be used on any area that is dry, itchy, scaly or suffering from eczema or psoriasis; as well as elbows, knees, cracked heels, chapped hands, brittle nails and dry cuticles. This product contains high concentrations of natural Squalane leaving a deposit of cream inside the skin’s surface which is re-activated by contact with water, locking in moisturiser to maintain skin hydration.
If you’re finding that even after the correct topical treatment, that your skin is still struggling to maintain desired hydration, then you can incorporate La Forte nutriceutical tablets into your routine. La Forte tablets are taken orally and have been proven to enhance moisture in your skin by almost 50%. These tablets will also provide your skin with a recommended daily dose of VIT, A, C, D and E.
Suggested Retail Products:
- Cleansing Milk for dry skin/all skin
- Enriched Toner for dry skin/all skin
- Gently Facial Exfoliator/Masculinity Double Action Facial Scrub
- Skin Hydrating Mask
- Defy Damage Skin Repair Serum
- Moisturising Day Creme for dry skin/all skin
- Crème Metamorphique night cream
- La Forte food supplements
- Body Lotion dry skin/all skin
- X-Tra Dry Skin Fix
- Clinical Super3 UG Crème was specially developed for the treatment of severe problems with dandruff of the scalp but it can also be used for the effective treatment and prevention of dry and scaly areas on the arms, knees, feet as well as softening hardened nails. This cream contains ingredients in potent concentrations such as Castor Seed Oil, Propolis, Rooibos and Willow extract.
- Clinical Super3 Derma+2 Food Supplement to enhance moisture and boost the skin’s defences with powerful antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Find Beauté Pacifique in South Africa
Phone: 073 053 8830