As always, we bring out four print editions a year, one at the beginning of each season…
- March (autumn)
- June (winter) – not printed due to Covid-19 lockdown restrictions :(
- September (spring) – on sale now
- December (summer)
A2’s print magazine and blog both comprehensively cover the following sections:
- The Aesthetic Report (aesthetic treatments and procedures, injectables, treatments)
- Anti-Ageing & Integrative Medicine (a holistic approach to your overall health and wellness through nutrition, exercise, hormone balance etc)
- Skin Sense (focusing on your skin, skin concerns, treatments, procedures and products to use)
- Dental Techniques (interesting info and options in cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry)
- And lastly, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery (touching on cosmetic and reconstructive surgery options whether they are for cosmetic or medical reasons)
We cover varying topics within each of the above sections in every print magazine, plus regularly update our blog, www.a2magazine.co.za, with information in-between magazines. So be sure to never miss an edition and check in regularly with us on the blog and social media.
Happy reading with us in this beautiful new season!
In this issue…
ANTI-AGEING, WELLNESS & INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE
Can we lessen the risk of severe COVID-19?
Dr Sly Nedic discusses how COVID-19 outcomes could be improved by taking a preventative integrative medicine approach.
COVID-19 and your mental health
Have you noticed that your mental health isn’t quite what it used to be in the age of BC (before COVID-19)? If so, then know that you’re not alone. Mandy Collins
How COVID has raised community support
We take a look at some of the many people that have risen above the pandemic to make a real difference within their communities. Sally Harvey
Breast cancer awareness
Know your risk Dealing with what you can control – and the tests that assist with those you cannot.
The startling link between being overweight and COVID-19
Local specialist physician warns that we are facing a pandemic on top of an obesity epidemic.
THE AESTHETIC REPORT
Needleless lip fillers
A game-changing treatment or a dangerous gimmick? Dr Riekie Smit answers the questions on everyone’s lips.
Dr Anushka Reddy reflects on what non-surgical facial procedures will be trending amid COVID-19 reopenings.
Eyes wide open
Dr Manoj Bagwandeen provides some eye-opening insight into the treatment of the tear trough area – one of the most requested non-surgical procedures in aesthetic medicine.
Fillers and the millennial patient
Because the number of younger patients requesting fillers is increasing every year, aesthetic practitioners need to brush up on their knowledge on how best to treat the booming millennial market. Dr Sly Nedic
SKIN SENSE: ANTI-AGEING SKIN STRATEGIES & HEALTH
Cream of the Crop
A choice selection of our favourite skincare products to add to your beauty regime.
Behind the mask(ne)
With people wearing face coverings to lessen the spread of COVID-19, the condition that is acne mechanica (commonly known as ‘maskne’) is fast becoming a fundamental skin issue. Paola Chellew
Home-use light and laser devices: A dermatologist’s perspective
While it’s appealing to take skin treatments into your own hands, it’s crucial to consider whether in-home devices are indeed both effective and safe, advises Dr Tarryn Jacobs.
COSMETIC SURGERY UPDATE
Hybrid breast augmentation
There has been a major shift towards anything eco-friendly, more natural, more ‘normal’ – from hybrid cars and gemstones, all the way to hybrid breast augmentations. Dr Nerina Wilkinson
Beyond vanity: The many faces of plastic surgery
Various studies have found elective procedures to boost one’s self-esteem and confidence, while also improving physical health and mental well-being for some. A2 takes a closer look
DENTISTRY TECHNIQUES & ORAL HEALTH
COVID-19’s DIY dentistry
The lack of dental services during lockdown saw ‘Victorian DIY dentistry’ making a comeback, with one-quarter of UK residents attempting at least one form of DIY dentistry at home.
Dentistry in the times of a pandemic
The COVID-19 global pandemic continues to have devastating health, economic, and social effects and is profoundly affecting the delivery of health and oral health services. Dental practitioners are at the forefront of this outbreak. Dr Norman A Cahi and Dr Chelsea Cahi
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Higher learning – Yolandé Swanepoel advises on the qualifications and training needed for therapists to work alongside doctors.
- Virtual considerations – Dr Cobus van Niekerk discusses the pros and cons of virtual consults for aesthetic and cosmetic procedures.
- Expert Panel / Meet the A2 Team
- Mind, Body & Soul – Take a gander at A2’s choice pick of getaways that guarantee relaxation, outdoor adventure and a complete rejuvenation jumpstart.
- Premium classifieds
Where to get A2 Aesthetic & Anti-Ageing Magazine
Click here for soft copies on the Magzter app to read on your Apple or Android device anywhere, anytime.
Get in touch with A2 Magazine