As always, we bring out four print editions a year, one at the beginning of each season…
- March (autumn)
- June (winter) – on sale now
- September (spring)
- December (summer)
A2’s print magazine and blog both comprehensively cover the following sections:
- The Aesthetic Report (aesthetic treatments and procedures, injectables, treatments)
- Anti-Ageing & Integrative Medicine (a holistic approach to your overall health and wellness through nutrition, exercise, hormone balance etc)
- Skin Sense (focusing on your skin, skin concerns, treatments, procedures and products to use)
- Dental Techniques (interesting info and options in cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry)
- And lastly, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery (touching on cosmetic and reconstructive surgery options whether they are for cosmetic or medical reasons)
We cover varying topics within each of the above sections in every print magazine, plus regularly update our blog, www.a2magazine.co.za, with information in-between magazines. So be sure to never miss an edition and check in regularly with us on the blog and social media.
Happy reading with us in this beautiful new season!
In this issue…
The controversy that is ageism
Paola Chellew and Dr Janine Olivier take on the skincare and cosmetics marketing companies that ignore the older generation.
COVER STORY: Coming of age
Meet 4 of SA’s powerhouse women who are conquering the notion that beauty demands youth. Feature writer and interviewer Paola Chellew
MIND & BODY WELLNESS
How hormones affect your mental state “You’re just being hormonal!”
While this phrase implies irrational behaviour, there may be some truth behind it. Dr Sly Nedic explains why
The hidden aftermath of a global pandemic
COVID-19 has done far more than cripple economies and take lives – it has also limited our capacity to treat serious health conditions. Sally Harvey
Dr Nicole Kanaris reveals how the use of new CBD products for the O-Shot® procedure can vastly improve female sexual dysfunction.
THE AESTHETIC REPORT
Why do aesthetic treatment prices vary from one aesthetic practitioner to the next?
Dr Dirk Coetzee asks and answers
AAMSSA Report: Do you know which neurotoxin your doctor is injecting?
Dr Debbie Norval provides insight into the different injectable brands that are currently on the market
Dr Sly Nedic on the influence the chin has on our perception of facial attractiveness.
When your mind plays tricks on you
Addressing change blindness in aesthetic treatments. Dr Reza Mia
Dr Reddy’s no-nonsense guide to consider before getting lippy.
Top 4 priority list for aesthetics
Sally Harvey reveals the trending procedures for 2021.
SKIN SENSE: ANTI-AGEING SKIN STRATEGIES & HEALTH
Cream of the crop
A choice selection of our favourite skincare products to add to your beauty regime.
Counteracting the effects of skin erosion
The cause, effect, and treatment thereof. Dr Riekie Smit
Non-surgical skin cancer treatments
Dr Sian Hartshorne unpacks the appropriate circumstances and modalities.
It’s the season to be beautiful
Treating ageing skin in the winter months. Dr Alastair Clark
COSMETIC & RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY UPDATE
THE APRASSA REPORT: The best time for body contouring surgery
Why it’s a good idea to have body procedures in the coldest season. Dr Isabel Do Vale
The lobe job
Earlobe surgery is a niche field that is often unappreciated and underperformed. Dr Marshall Murdoch gives us an earful.
DENTISTRY TECHNIQUES & ORAL HEALTH
Saying cheese with confidence
The low-down on Digital Smile Design. Paola Chellew and Dr Maryam Dawjee
Are you worthy of the crown?
Dr Bruno Magalhaes gives us a thorough breakdown on all things toothy and crowny.
Facing your fear of the dentist
An overview of the cause, effect, and subsequent treatments for the phobia that is dental anxiety. Dr Hannes Scheepers
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- The non-invasive answer to building muscle and reducing fat. Dr Ridwan Mia (*sponsored article from BTL)
- The science behind combatting the effects of stress on the skin. Sally Harvey (*sponsored article from Environ)
- The latest in micro-needling innovation. Dr Melanie Lambrechts (*sponsored article from Genop Healthcare)
- Premium Classifieds
Where to get A2 Aesthetic & Anti-Ageing Magazine
Click here for soft copies on the Magzter app to read on your Apple or Android device anywhere, anytime.
Get in touch with A2 Magazine