*Sponsored Post by Environ South Africa*
Skin Serenity, overnight science
Modern-day life can be fast-paced and demanding. Mental, emotional, and physical stress is inevitable and can reveal itself in many ways – the skin being one of them.
Environ’s new Focus Care Youth+ Seriénce™ Night Serum was specifically developed to target the negative long-term effects of stress to uncover serene, luminous and youthful-looking skin.
This advanced overnight booster is the first of its kind and contains the breakthrough formulation, Malachite-Neuropeptide Complex, which is scientifically proven to protect, reset, relax and reconnect the skin from within, cell by cell, night after night.
What is the relationship between stress and skin?
Advances in neuroscience and cosmetic research continue to reveal infinitely more about the complex and fascinating connections between the brain and skin. These discoveries, combined with Environ’s extensive skincare research, have perfectly primed the development of this ground-breaking innovation that builds on an extraordinary scientific legacy to shape the future of beauty for modern-day consumers.
What is the body’s instantaneous response to stress?
The skin is an immediate stress perceiver and a main target of stress responses when life’s “overload” triggers both the brain and skin to secrete stress hormones such as cortisol.
In the case of prolonged exposure to external and internal stressors (emotional, physical and mental stress, pollution, smoke, sleep deprivation, UV exposure), skin cells don’t stop producing cortisol.
Compounded over time, high concentrations of this primary stress hormone has been scientifically shown to compromise immunity and threaten skin barrier functioning which can result in a dull, fatigued appearance and aggravated signs of ageing such as lines, wrinkles and loss of elasticity.
- Malachite Extract* – Known for centuries as a powerful stone of transformation, Malachite Extract offers potent antioxidant benefits scientifically proven to boost skin cell immunity and defence against environmental stressors.
- Neurophroline™* – A rapid, responsive calming neuropeptide derived from Wild Indigo Seed Extract is scientifically proven to transform the appearance of dullness into youthful-looking luminosity and counteract the negative effects of stress hormones in the skin.
- Argireline® Amplified* – This all-in-one peptide is scientifically proven to target the effects of fatigue and post expression muscle relaxation to visibly smooth and improve the signs of lines and wrinkles for a beautifully relaxed, serene-looking appearance.
- Matrixyl® Morphomics™* – A hard-working peptide that is scientifically proven to smooth the appearance of frown lines, marionette lines, nasolabial folds and crow’s feet by assisting to re-establish vital skin connections and rebuild an optimally functioning network.
Environ promotes a progressive and integrative approach to counteracting the harmful effects of stress by offering the best opportunity for improvement in the quality of skin and life. The skin speaks for what the mind and body feel. Selfcare in today’s world is essential; it is time to reprioritise and rebalance ourselves.
Focus Care Youth+ Seriénce™ Night Serum R995.00 (as at July 2021)
Where to buy?
Available at participating Environ stockists.
Visit the store locator here: www.environskincare.com
Get in touch with Environ
Find a stockist: www.environskincare.com/za/stockist-locator
Environ is a globally recognised and loved professional skincare brand that is built on science, beauty and care. Since 1990, Environ has used the science of beauty to change the way the world sees skincare.
The introduction of vitamin A to skincare formulations was a ground-breaking development, first successfully included in cosmetic products by top plastic surgeon, skincare pioneer and Environ founder Dr Des Fernandes. His sister, Val Carstens Environ’s Group Chairman, CEO and Director has built the brand from a dream to global success. Today the brand has over 140 products in more than 70 countries.
Environ has received over 100 international awards which have recognised the brand for its outstanding products, most recently being twice awarded the Best Medical Skin Care in the USA. Environ is favoured by international skincare therapists, the medical fraternity, beauty editors, aestheticians and film stars.
* Key Ingredient efficacy has been individually scientifically proven through independent studies
- Role of Stress in Modulation of Skin Neurogenic Inflammation, by Ovidiu Grigore, Alexandra Ioana Mihailescu, Iulia Solomon, Daniel Boda, Constantin Caruntu: Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine, 2018. www.spandidos-publications.com
- Brain-Skin Connection: Stress, Inflammation and Skin Aging, by Ying Chen and John Lyga: US National Library of Medicine National, Institutes of Health, 2014. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/